8 Core - 8x3.5" & 4x2.5" NAS or ? Low Power Virtual

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

This is my 'backup' NAS, it's insanely over powered for what I have been using it for and it's time for me to replace it with something much simpler, and smaller, and even less power :) As of right now I would like to sell this complete with drives, if you're interested in everything except the drives please message me and lets see if we can work something out.

I think this would also make a great low power Proxmox server.

FYI - The only links I inserted were DROPBOX -- the rest are auto-insert from forum ads.

Payment: PayPal
Shipping: Yes. USA and possibly Canada. 2 Boxes, one for 3.5" drives and one for case internals (SSD/Mobo/HBA) I usually ship USPS but if it's way too much I can look into UPS.
Trades: None at this time.

Case: Silverstone DS380B
The case has been modified to fit the HBA, and still accept all 8 drives. One of the trays had a little bit of plastic trimmed off it to do so, and doing so you must install that tray/drive first and support it from bottom when sliding in, until it clicks into place. I also added an additional fan opposite the two existing side fans and installed an ultra thin fan as well as a magnetic filter/screen on the fan. The case has a couple small scratches on it from when I was working on the extra fan.
PSU: Silverstone 80+ Bronze
Motherboard: Supermicro A1SRi-2758F 8 Core C2758
RAM: 4x 8GB (2x Micron & 2x SK Hynix -- Working fine together)
SSD: 2x Intel S3500 120GB & 2x Intel S3500 160GB
HDD: 8x 2TB Western Digital Enterprise RE4 (I acquired drives used)
HBA: M1015 in IT Mode
Price:
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

Last edited:

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
I do, but I am about to buy a house...

looks like you are going to part it out.

Chris

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
$950 SHIPPED -- If it doesn't sell in a few days I'll be re-listing the parts in my other threads, and closing this.

Final price drop for this screaming setup.