Server Devs - Is this a reasonable price?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RlngT

Dec 3, 2016
Its a 4U Server with 16 Bays has 16GB DDR2 Ram Tyan 2932 and a Opteron 2350 Quad Core CPU for $250.00 would that be considered a good deal?

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Do you have more information about the server? Perhaps a link to ebay or something?

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
The quality of their products and customer service.

There are a few horror stories of norco backplanes killing all hdds, sharp edges in the chassis and a customer service that stops replying to mails or phone calls.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany

There are a few horror stories of norco backplanes killing all hdds, sharp edges in the chassis and a customer service that stops replying to mails or phone calls.

RlngT

Dec 3, 2016

I see ill have to check up on them more from now on thanks for the info guy.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
If you get a Supermicro chassis [advertising link, not mine], all of the individual pieces are readily available from a large number of sellers, both new and used. To give you an idea, here are the Supermicro items from one of my preferred eBay [advertising link, not mine] sellers, tm_space. Parts for other brands are a lot harder to find and you probably need to special-order them.

Reactions: RlngT

RlngT

Dec 3, 2016

Well I have a lot of then Chenbro Chassis I didn't know they were frowned upon in such ways but ill be sure to look over the supermico with future ventures.

If you get a Supermicro chassis [advertising link, not mine], all of the individual pieces are readily available from a large number of sellers, both new and used. To give you an idea, here are the Supermicro items from one of my preferred eBay [advertising link, not mine] sellers, tm_space. Parts for other brands are a lot harder to find and you probably need to special-order them.
Informative +1