Supermicro X9SRI 2011 Motherboard - $125

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
The lack of PCIE slot kills this deal for me. What a waste of the empty spaces right below the slots

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
The lack of PCIE slot kills this deal for me. What a waste of the empty spaces right below the slots
The board never had PCIe slots there. The fully populated version is the X9SRE and it has 3 x PCI-X slots. You'd probably want the X9SRL, but those are a bit harder to come across.

imchipz

Apr 18, 2016
OH MAH GOODNESS. Can someone tells me this works? please, finally a 2011 board that doesnt cost more than my whole computer? Shipping to AUD is 40$, not bad

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
Eh In for 1 i needed another one of these boards, no IPMI yea that sucks to a certain point but its not End of the world, Network KVMs can easily solve the KVM stuff and u can control via OS or Magic packet to power on/off...

Price is very good would it be better if IPMI absolutely but thats at twice the price :p

imchipz

Apr 18, 2016
No IPMI is a showstopper.
I would plan to use ESXi. Past the initial setup (i have a VGA monitor) IPMI isn't needed.

I do have a supermicro x10 board with IPMI. It's a lovely feature, especially when I was going crazy reinstalling and using server2012r2. but now when I've settled on esxi I find it pointless.

@DaSaint can you post a build log once you get it? pretty please