Recent content by zunder1990

1. Z

Best Approach to Cheap Distributed NVMe?

@rich0 fancy seeing you here haha. Welcome
  2. Z

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

I am told by one vendor that is the lack of PSU that have push the prices so high.
  3. Z

Ceph bug leads to slow write speed and latency

This was posted to the github page and ceph mailing list. This bug affects all Debian/Ubuntu distros using the packages from repo. This does affect proxmox. With the patch people are seeing 3-5x increase in both write speed and latency. The Ceph team has said they will backport this patch all...
  4. Z

WTB bulk Quadro P2000 5GB

Anyone got a USA based source to buy from 20x of those gpu that does not involve 20x sellers on ebay.
  5. Z

Inside the Secret Data Center at the Heart of the San Francisco 49ers Levis Stadium

You dont think the site like that does have 100gb uplinks? This week I just installed 2x 100gb (part of a ring) to a apartment building in ATL. We have dark fiber to the building. The optics was less than $10K for both links and the switch is an airsta 100gb uplink switch for $2k.
  6. Z

Inside the Secret Data Center at the Heart of the San Francisco 49ers Levis Stadium

IF the government was tied into camera system I dont think they would anything but a router/switch and pipe back to a government owned datacenter. You can supply the realtime feed from many cameras on a single 100gb link.
  7. Z

Storage Crypto ?

To pump up the whole crypto idea is my guess. ponzi scheme needs to keep finding new victims to hold off collapse.
  8. Z

Storage Crypto ?

The chatGPT powered bots really seems to like this thread
  9. Z

Proxmox & CEPH

Yes you can do the same thing with ceph. Set those two flags on the host that is about to reboot. remove flags after host is back online.
  10. Z

Big Multigig (2.5 / 5 / 10) PoE++ with QSFP+ / QSFP28 switches

Cisco C9300-48UXM with C9300-NM-2Y uplink module? between swtich and uplink module like $1600 on ebay.
  11. Z

Server for 2-4 NVMe for Ceph

Dell r630 supports NVMe on some of the 2.5drive slots.
  12. Z

need recommendation on 10/40/100gbe lower power with full feature networking

For work I use a arista DCS-7280QRA-C36S-M-R for bgp routing. 12x 100gb ports 24x 40gb ports with 11 ports connected it is using 297watts according to the build in power status.
  13. Z

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

My 7050-sx-64 with 4x 10gb and 2x 40gb active
  14. Z

Arista DCS-7050TX-64-F - eBay US

I deal directly with Dedicated networks and for work I order about a pallet a month of cisco and arista switches. They amazing vendor to deal with.