Recent content by Zombielinux

1. Z

switch repair suggestions and id help

I'm not sure what model it is either, but I can tell you the repair on that is going to be a pain in the butt. Its a big-ish connector and the pads are all torn up. You might see if you can find a cell phone repair shop that would take this on. First step is to find out what you have. Since...
  2. Z

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

@fohdeesha @Wolfcastle The final conclusion. You CANNOT convert a non-PoE ICX6610 to PoE. Reason #1 The headers aren't on the non-PoE boards. Reason #2 (the real show stopper). The RJ45 jacks are not connected to PoE because the part number is different from the PoE models (Bel-Fuse...
  3. Z

I'll probe around with my meter a bit more. As it so happens, I DO have a 100mhz scope and an old logic analyzer sitting next to my healing bench. I have considered doing the POE board swap the next chance I can to take the core network down. Might be a while for that though. Since they're...
  4. Z

Its possible. They didn't populate the connectors, but those are typically very expensive components, and two of them are through hole (not something that a PnP can do very easily. The only thing I can think of is maybe they have some 0 ohm resistors somewhere, but a quick visual didn't show...
  5. Z

So I actually used a PoE PSU from my known working unit. The PoE daughterboard IS getting 56V since its connected by an internal cable. I'm wondering if maybe those ports are bad, or maybe there are some jumpers somewhere that need to be moved over, but that doesn't make a lot of sense from a...
  6. Z

So a much needed update. The NON-POE models do not have the headers on them. The headers are standard Digikey parts and can be found. I just desoldered from my dead board and put them on. The good news, after a reflash with everything soldered on and the PoE board swapped in, it IS detected...
  7. Z

15$ Dell Wyse 5060 Thin Client

I see an MSATA drive in there. Any easy way of running baremetal linux? Any idea as to what the HDMI capture stuff is?
  8. Z

15$ Dell Wyse 5060 Thin Client

Yes please!
  9. Z

I only ask because I already have the power supplies, fans, and Poe board from a dead icx6610. A PoE model is $70 more at the moment. From my memory, they’re .1” headers too, so a cheapish digikey item.
  10. Z

So if you can pluck the PoE daughter board out and use them as regular switches, can you install the PoE daughter board into a non-PoE switch and gain PoE capability? Speaking specifically to an ICX6610.
  11. Z

[FS][US-GA] Brocade ICX6610-48P

Id be interested. I can be up that way this weekend if its still available.
  12. Z

Looking for router advice before moving to AT&T fiber

That's a slick solution. I'm still on the hunt for one that can give me high availability.
  13. Z

So PFatt is just a wrapper script around wpa_supplicant. One could easily rewrite the script for use in a standard Linux environment. Maybe even WSL for the masochists among us.
  14. Z

I went with a physical box because there is no way to connect the ONT to multiple servers (as far as I know) so that the PFSense VM could be HA. I wish that wasn't the case.
  15. Z

Yea, that's what I'd do. But it really shouldn't be too bad. Worst case is you could set up CARP or some other highly available setup if it behaves.