Recent content by Zombielinux

1. Z

EXPIRED Neat GPS clock SFP module - $20

What saved searches are you using? One or two of these would be a lifesaver for my quest for HA timing.
  2. Z

Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $66 NEW

I can validate @nabsltd 's experience. Mine came with either no scratch or a very light one. All powered up and are running without issue in my cluster. EDIT: I spoke too soon, one of the drives is reporting "SMART Health Status: Servo impending failure drive error rate too high [asc=5d...
  3. Z

Supermicro PDB motherboard incompatibility.

I'm in the process of upgrading some of my servers (going from X9SCM-F/X10SLH-F/X9DRI-LN4F/Gigabyte Z97 to HP Z440 motherboards). I've found some inconsistency in the ATX Power implementation on my Supermicro Chassis (2x CSE825 and 1x SC745) and what the motherboard is expecting. The...
  4. Z

Storage (re)Architecture

And that’s kind of the architecture I’m looking at. Use gluster to facilitate the mirroring of data between NASs and containerize an NFS/SMB server for non-gluster capable clients. The goal is to be as performant as the current ceph cluster (which occasionally has significant latency issues...
  5. Z

Storage (re)Architecture

Given the different drive sizes, that may be challenging. Further, exporting via NFS doesn’t solve the HA aspect as I’m not sure you could put a load balancer in front of NFS.
  6. Z

Storage (re)Architecture

The reason I have 5 nodes to start with was because I found a 3 node ceph cluster to be dangerous to data integrity and not terribly performant. As for HA storage, yes. Required for sufficient levels of SAF. I've considered upgrading to denser drives, however with ceph, that means I lose...
  7. Z

Storage (re)Architecture

I know this is in Chassis and Enclosures but it relates to those. I currently have 5 sandy bridge/haswell era Proxmox nodes, each with about 30TB worth of drives (of sizes 8, 4, 3, 2, and 1TB) spun up and all pooled together with Ceph. This works well for the most part, but I'm not sure its...
  8. Z

Review Request: HP Flex IO 10Gbit module

HP Flex IO 10Gbit module. P/N 56Q71AA Not cheap at $130, but looks interesting. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1750459-REG/hp_56q71aa_10gbase_t_flex_i_o.html https://www.hp.com/sa-en/products/accessories/product-details/2101153642
  9. Z

EU WTB Brocade ICX 6610, 7250 or 7450

I have one, but have no idea what the shipping would be like from the USA. If interested, please reach out. I've got two ICX 6610-48s, one PoE, one not PoE. Both work fine.
  10. Z

[WTB] Brocade ICX 6450-24p

I've got an ICX6610-48p if that would suffice.
  11. Z

SOLD

Interested in the lot as well. PM
  12. Z

FS-US-MN-SC: 22TB ECC DDR3 & NVME SSD Storage & other stuff

Do you have an inventory on your supermicro servers? I'm looking for an 825/826 chassis. Innards might be important, or might not be depending on what they are.
  13. Z

Mellanox SX6036 Full Depth Rails

The SX6036 is often available for screaming deals, however it rarely comes with a complete set of rails. The full depth rail kit (P/N MSX60-SKIT) is rare as hens teeth, and disturbingly expensive when found. What low cost alternatives exist that people have had good success with?
  14. Z

MCX353A-QCA_A1-A2 won't accept firmware update???

Thats because the URL didn't match the text. That's my bad and has been corrected. Try it again, make sure the download filename has FCA in it, rather than QCA.