Recent content by Zhang

1. Z

cannot find board: 2x m2 + 2x eth + ecc

I am using the ASUS PRO WS X570-ACE workstation motherboard which seems satisfies all your requirements (official ECC support, dual m.2 and dual gigabit LANs). The board also has good IO for extensions (3 PCIe slots running at x8/x8/x8). Used board can usually be found around $250 on ebay, and...
  2. Z

LGA 3647 CPU cooler advice

I recently used a few Dynatron B11 3U ($39 each) and they work fine, although they are harder to install and much noiser (but still reasonably quiet in low TDP setups) than Noctua.
  3. Z

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

The original ZenStates does not support dual socket Rome ES CPUs. It's not just a GUI problem. You can use my modified Linux ZenStates with dual socket Rome ES support and other enhancements...
  4. Z

GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0 REV 1.1 with Epyc Rome / Milan

I have a few MZ31-AR0 rev1 boards and I can confirm they work with Rome and Rome ES after flashing the Rome part of rev2 BIOS (Rome ES requires an early BIOS version with AGESA 1.0.0.2). I don't have Milan so cannot test. One caveat is that I was not able to flash with BMC directly. The BMC has...
  5. Z

Intel X710-DA2 for OCP for USD 7.99

Ah... my bad, was on my phone and my finger slippedo_O
  6. Z

Intel X710-DA2 for OCP for USD 7.99

OOS on both ebay and newegg.com, ETH effect again :cool:
  7. Z

Discrete graphics disables IPMI

In BIOS there is usually a setting for VGA priority. Setting that to "Onboard" will re-enable IPMI KVM. On some motherboards the default is "auto", which means discrete graphics if it installed. It makes sense for a workstation - imagine someone installs a new GPU for the workstation and expects...
  8. Z

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I can confirm a pair of 2S1905A4VIHF4 works flawlessly on H11DSi rev 2.0. They can be easily overclocked to all core 3.0 to 3.2 GHz, or maybe even higher if you have good VRM cooling.
  9. Z

ZS1406E2VJUG5 and the ROMED8-2T

Were they using a BIOS with early AGESA (e.g., a lab BIOS)? If it was a lab bios and you can get the BIOS from them, the board is still worth trying.
  10. Z

Yeah, I think it all depends on the BIOS, so if we can find the lab bios with early AGESA the ES CPU should work.
  11. Z

AGESA 1.0.0.3 might work. Do you have a BIOS with 1.0.0.3 though? I just checked on ASRock website and the earliest public BIOS (v1.10) has AGESA 1.0.0.6.
  12. Z

I doubt an ES works on ROMED8-2T because of the AGESA (part of the BIOS) requirements. These ES chips require AGESA version <=1.0.0.2, but the AGESA on this board is much newer. So unless someone finds a very early BIOS revision or a workaround for newer AGESA, ES chips are not supported by this...
  13. Z

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Supermicro probably added BIOS verification for newer H12 boards? As far as I can recall, on H11 boards I could flash any modified BIOS without security verification.
  14. Z

Asus Pro WS X570-Ace BIOS "flashback"?

@Makblast When you flash the BIOS in hardware mode, did you see a red LED on the motherboard? It should go off after the flash is done (which takes a while). There is no progress bar or whatever in the ACCE software (their UI is pretty bad). As long as the flash process started on RTL 8117 you...
  15. Z

Asus Pro WS X570-Ace BIOS "flashback"?

@Piefke0815 @Makblast Most of ACCE features don't work unless the Windows client is installed. However, as far as I can recall, there is a "hardware mode" (or some similar names) for BIOS update which uses the RTL 8117 hardware to flash BIOS even when no OS is running.