Recent content by zeyoner

1. Z

Home VMWare Server

If I were to hold on to the E5 I considered getting the ASRock EPC612D4U-2T8R I also really like the Gigabyte MB51-PS0 but... it's ATX and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to pass through the SATA controller. Plus I don't believe it's for sell yet and whenever it is. It will be over $1000.
  2. Z

Home VMWare Server

It's the board I mainly would like to swap. I love the board but it's just not a server board and I miss having IPMI. As for the CPU I considered swapping as well because of the high TDP 105w. Ultimately I want to get the drives down to four 10tb if not 12tb but that's a big purchase so I'm not...
  3. Z

Home VMWare Server

I like the X11SSH-CTF but the E3-1275 V6 is a bit pricey and I don't currently have ESXi installed. Because I have eight drives and the Dell H200 I have does not see all eight drives. I believe it's the firmware flashing. Still seeking a non uefi system so that I can reflash. I used a uefi...
  4. Z

Network: TK's home network / server cabinet(s)

Since 1999 from home? It just doesn't seem cost effective. Then again my knowledge of trading platforms is limited I really don't know enough to understand the need/want for it in a home environment. I think it'd make more sense to me if it was some sort of backup network at home for a business...
  5. Z

Home VMWare Server

I am completely aware of Xeon-D and SoC go together. Thanks. However I am not sold on only SoC. I am here looking for suggestions it does not have to be Xeon-D. I only stated that I've been looking at the selections because my biggest concern is electricity. I unlike some of the other members...
  6. Z

Home VMWare Server

Corrected E5-2658 V3 ES
  7. Z

Network: TK's home network / server cabinet(s)

This is insane. What exactly is the use for all of this?
  8. Z

Home VMWare Server

Hey guys, So here goes. What I'll be doing and needing/looking for. VMWare ESXi 6.5 3 to 4 VMs Debian 9 Docker Samba Pfsense or Sophos UTM Windows 10 VM for Testing I will need to be able to pass through a SATA controller (8 drives) and will need to also have up to four NICs (2 for...
  9. Z

HD's dont show up with Flashed Dell PERC H200

What was the verdict? I am having the same exact issue. I'm only able to access six out of the eight. It's not the cable nor the hard drives. I've swapped everything. I even reflashed the card.