Recent content by Zack Hehmann

1. Zack Hehmann

WTB [US] 8 Sticks of 3200MHZ RAM for EPYC 7002

Hello, I'm looking to buy 8X 32GB DDR4 2XR4 @3200MHZ or 8X 64GB DDR4 @3200MHZ. Not sue what I have found is a good price. I have for each stick shipped and tax at $56.00. I'm fine with going to eBay or buying form a member here. I'm having trouble finding good prices on eBay (searching for RAM...
  2. Zack Hehmann

Bought an EPYC 7532...Now what?

Hello, I ended up buying a h12ssl-c from Amazon. I only have 4 sticks of ram in and waiting on the others to be delivered by Amazon. I'm unable to get DIMM Channel D1 to recognize any sticks. I followed the memory slot suggestions for 2 and 4 sticks and I can't get D1 to ever work. Is it a...
  3. Zack Hehmann

Docker multi host setup

Hello @zecas, I'm definitely not an expert with containers. I have used docker in my home lab on a few different hosts/vm running docker. I personally working towards moving to Kubernetes as I would like to have it running on multiple VMs/Hosts at home and not worry about a service...
  4. Zack Hehmann

What board has more bugs? The h11 or the h12 ones?
  5. Zack Hehmann

I asked the seller if the CPU was locked to dell and they stated it was unlocked.
  6. Zack Hehmann

I just bought an Epyc 7532 from eBay for $325 (hopefully it was a good deal?). I'm not sure exactly what I plan on doing with this, but I know I'll be running Docker/Kubernetes, VMs, and misc. Linux tasks. Haven't decided on the OS yet, ESXi, Linux bare metal, or Proxmox? Also considering making...
  7. Zack Hehmann

Any Good?? Avaya AL3500A14-E6 3510GT-PWR+ Managed 8 Port Switch

Hello, I came across an Avaya AL3500A14-E6 3510GT-PWR+ Managed 8 port switch. It's relatively in expensive. I have never used Avaya before. I was hoping to use this switch at my desk and have it connect back to my juniper or Cisco switch. My hope was to power a POE device or 2 for testing and...
  8. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Let's say I move to a bigger USB drive, would this be a good method to backup the settings so I can be back to where I was with the smaller flashdrive? I'm certain I have used this before, but I'm not sure what you guys use or have done. I thought that I read that increasing the local disk...
  9. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Host is still up and running past the time it was getting before. Unfortunately there isn't a way to determine what the real cause is since I listed the three things that were changed. I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Should I delete some unused vibs? I don't have an easy way to...
  10. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I also came across this site. I used the ISO from VMware directly and did not use a vendor ISO. Because I'm so close the the PSOD timser, I might want and see if time passes with out the kernel panic happening. The vib removal process requires a host reboot, so I'm going to wait until 2 days is...
  11. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I copied the latest vib to the ESXi host to the /tmp directory. Following Intel's install guide I get that I don't have enough space on the host? [root@localhost:/vmfs/volumes/5d2c2764-c92001c4-6083-90b11c154990] esxcli software acceptance get PartnerSupported...
  12. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I was able to find this VMware ESXi 6.5 intel-nvme-vmd 1.8.0.1001 NVMe Driver for Intel dated 2019-06-24 I feel like several things that I changed that were mentioned in my first post. e.g. cpu upgrade, vCenter server install, e.t.c. so I'm not trying to change a bunch of things all at once. I...
  13. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Here is the output from my host. [root@localhost:~] esxcli software vib list |grep nvme intel-nvme 1.3.2.8-1OEM.650.0.0.4598673 INT VMwareCertified 2019-05-03 mx-nvme 1.0.50.0-1OEM.600.0.0.2768847 MAN...
  14. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Link to PSOD screenshots.
  15. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

No, I have not. What would I do to show what driver I'm currently using? Also what would I need to do to update the driver?