Recent content by yogi_en

1. Y

Fujitsu Futro S920 Thin Client as opnsense firewall

The S920 which I have got AMD GX-424CC which is consumes more power than GX 415-GA. This website says that ( https://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/301/AMD_G-Series_GX-415GA_vs_AMD_G-Series_GX-424CC.html ) GX-415 GA is 40% more power efficient. I am planning to replace the S920 CPU with GX-415 GA...
  2. Y

@infojunky Can you please let me the typical power usage ( as openSense Firewall ) after all these savings?. I am using the same device for pfsense firewall and it uses 16 to 18 watt for my usage. I am using quad port i340 as NIC
  3. Y

Thanks. That is really useful. Will go through the link and video.
  4. Y

I am planning to run ZFS ( mirroring with two SSD ) in this device with pfsense/OpenSense. Is there way to add one more SSD into this device?. I do see one more SATA port, but I don't see a way to power the second SSD. Any help is appreciated.
  5. Y

pfsense is up and running in my S920 now. I used Intel I-340 as quad port NIC. Power consumption is around 15 to 16 Watt for my usage. Hp-620plus power consumption was around 13 to 14 watt with a different Intel I-340 for similar usage.
  6. Y

Thanks for the info @Samir, that is encouraging. Average 10w what is fine. Pfsense normally use less than 5% of the CPU in my HP 620Plus which is a machine with similar specs. I was bit concerned to 23W power consumption reported by some user. I assume those are peak power consumption...
  7. Y

I ordered this device and the power cord both linked by @Samir , for PfSense/OpnSense. I would like to know the power consumption for this. I see two post in this thread which says the power consumption is around 10 W ( @roqueeee ) and another post which says the idle power consumption is 23...
  8. Y

15$ Dell Wyse 5060 Thin Client

Hi @zer0sum Are you using these USB NIC for pfsense/OpnSense firewall?. I was under the impression ( based on the various posts ) that these NIC won't work well in FreeBSD. What is your experience?. I am looking for a second pfsense box now . I had HP 620plus with PCI NIC as of now.
  9. Y

Hi @zer0sum I got the 8GB RAM today and added as part of my 5060 thin client. Thanks to your excellent picture and guides. It was quite easy for because of that! . All working good. Really Appreciate your help.
  10. Y

Crestron CCS-UC-CODEC-200

:). Waiting for @fohdeesha's magic!
  11. Y

Crestron CCS-UC-CODEC-200

Can I use this device ( Crestron CCS UC200 ) for running pfsense/OpnSense?. Can I add quad port NIC into this?
  12. Y

Hi @zer0sum , Thanks a lot for the reply with picture!. The SSD that I have used is 'sandisk ssd plus sdssda-480g'. I had to remove the SSD cover. The SSD was slightly big even after that and it was not fitting correctly. Some how I made it work. Can you please let me know the model...
  13. Y

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I will check again later today.
  14. Y

Hello , Just bought this device. I was able to able to upgrade the SSD to 480GB and also installed Debian. Some how couldn't figure out how to upgrade the RAM. I see a single slot in the middle, not sure whether that is meant for RAM. Can any one please help me here to upgrade the RAM...
  15. Y

pfSense - HP T620+ vs Dell Wyse 5070

I didn't explore using HP 730 , mainly because I didn't see much information on using HP 730 for pfSense. Most of the post that I came across is about HP 620+. Having said that I am open to using HP730, if that is a better choice. Seems to be cheaper than Wyze 5070. Any information on...