Recent content by Yamabushi

1. Yamabushi

Toshiba MG07 Enterprise Series - Opinions?

Good to know, thank you! My primary concern is definitely reliability and performance, but an added benefit is that here in Tokyo the Toshiba's are actually cheaper than the equivalent WD Reds.
  2. Yamabushi

Thanks for that! I had forgotten about BackBlaze. So if I am reading that correctly, data thus far tends to indicate the MG07 14TB is on the more reliable side of the spectrum.
  3. Yamabushi

I've been using 8TB WD Reds, but I'm considering picking up two 12TB Toshiba MG07 HDD's to add to my BTRFS array. Does anyone have any experience with these?
  4. Yamabushi

Intel Atom C2000 AVR54 Bug Strikes STH Today

Took about 3 weeks, but got my MOBO back. Based on SN# it is my orginal board, not a replacement, and is currently up and fully functioning. Overlooking the down time, all in all it was a pretty painless RMA.
  5. Yamabushi

Intel Atom C2000 AVR54 Bug Strikes STH Today

I just got hit with this yesterday on my Supermicro C2758 pfSense box. It's a total pain in the arse having to deal with this, but fortunately got an RMA from SM in Taiwan within half a day or so. MOBO currently in transit to them. Let's see how long this takes.
  6. Yamabushi

The Intel Atom C2000 Series Bug – Why it is so quiet

Uhhh... that is definitely not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping I'd only be at risk on reboots. :(
  7. Yamabushi

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

Running a Supermicro C2758 pfSense box here, so definitely following this with concern.
  8. Yamabushi

The Intel Atom C2000 Series Bug – Why it is so quiet

My firewall is a Supermicro C2758 running pfSense. It's been running flawlessly for years now, but this definitely has my attention. :(
  9. Yamabushi

IPMI Question? (SOLVED)

OK, I'm a bonehead! Problem solved! I had connected the front panel to the wrong set of headers. :confused:
  10. Yamabushi

IPMI Question? (SOLVED)

So I've built my second X10SDV-8C-TLN4 box and this time completely set up and installed Ubuntu Server via IPMI. I am relatively new to IPMI so please, pardon the very basic question. Is it normal that when using and/or installing via IPMI that the actual physical power and reset buttons are...
  11. Yamabushi

Xeon D-1541 - Normal Temperatures?

See here: Near silent powerhouse: Making a quieter MicroLab platform
  12. Yamabushi

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

No pressing need, but I'm interested in this as well. Please, keep us updated, pics appreciated! ;)
  13. Yamabushi

Xeon D-1541 & SR-IOV (Need Help)

Thank you for your guidance and expertise, EluRex!
  14. Yamabushi

Xeon D-1541 & SR-IOV (Need Help)

Thank you Mark for sharing your methodology! After consulting with EluRex and doing a little experimentation, here is what I found works for me: To enable the I350's modify igb.conf $ sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/igb.conf options igb max_vfs=4 To enable the X552/X557-AT's modify ixgbe.conf $...