Recent content by yahyoh

1. Y

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Hey guys, i have been testing opnsense & openwrt/x-wrt. Opnsense seems always have some delays when requesting a new page, like it just feel sluggish. Sometimes pages take 2-3 secs to start loading compared to instants response form openwrt, even though both running adguard home with same...
  2. Y

That should be the latest one right? 畅网N5105微码更新2023-04-18.iso
  3. Y

Guys, where we can find the latest bios? CW website seems messed up and showing no bios available..
  4. Y

I think it should recognize the ssd in the 2nd slot, but only after a reboot for some reason. I had the same issue where the device will not recognize the ssd in 2nd slot after the first power up unless i do a reboot. I guess its a bug in the bios.
  5. Y

i actually found using linux terminal to do the installation was frustrating as im not that nerdy lmao. here what i did after some research, which only took few mins to do: 1-create bootable Ubuntu USB 2-choose test Ubuntu while booting 3- install rufus or etcher and gparted 4-format the disk...
  6. Y

Well i have the same damn issue,i tried to play with bios without any good results, it seems the NMVE drive does not get detected by the bios after power loss. i did some more testing using the pfsense installer after unplugging the device and repluging it, and it did not detect the NVME drive...
  7. Y

Actually i have used the latest stable build. however,it was a bit hassle to get the thing installed though and running. sadly openwrt does not have any bootable installer. you have to use some linux build to format the disk and copy the data to it, then resize the disk. Also, the i226 drivers...
  8. Y

I have been testing openwrt on my unit, and holy F it super light weight lmao. and been running stable since 3 days without any hiccups,for some reason browsing seems kinda more responsive compared to barebone opnsense/pfsense installations (could be placebo) :eek: edit: could be related to...
  9. Y

I mean topton has many storefronts, i dealt with Topton pc store. They were not that bad beside providing a fake tracking number to avoid the auto cancelation as it took around 10-12 days to ship the package. they were even replying to my messages quickly id say.
  10. Y

Thanks man, it worked nicely. Im still new to Pfsense/Opnsense, so im still trying to figure it out all.
  11. Y

I already repaste it, these temps after using high quality paste not the factory applied one.
  12. Y

Well..sadly the temps on opnsense idle is not that good, its staying around 48-50c at 0.3-1% Cpu usage. even though in windows it was running around 42-45c and high 60c at 18w full load. I guess the standoffs need some filling, will sanding paper be enough to filling them down? or should i keep...
  13. Y

Woohoo,,,finally my Topton N5105 v4 unit is here..after almost 3 weeks of waiting. First thing i did unbox it and tear it apart to check the gap ahh. It seems there's a small gap but not that bad. Then i removed the copper block and appliedTF9 thermal paste instead of the crap thermal paste...
  14. Y

The CPU is engineering sample, sadly. You should contact Topton and see if they will send you another one.
  15. Y

Finally some good news i guess. Now the wait for slow Aramex is on ugh...