Recent content by XeonSam

1. X

[WTS] Western Digital Ultrastar DC SN200 7.68TB (SOLD)

Totally, these drives do run hot. Much hotter than I expected. U.2 > PCIe > SAS > SATA The reason why they're so cheap is because the seller couldn't test them because he didn't have the correct enclosure. I believe he has more which he just doesn't know how to do a SMART test on. Turns out all...
  2. X

[WTS] Western Digital Ultrastar DC SN200 7.68TB (SOLD)

I got 30 pieces of the below 7.68TB NVMe drives. --> All sold Selling price is $XXX. Payoneer preferred, paypall accepted. Shipping can be negotiated, located in South Korea. On another note, does anyone know these drives? And why they're not showing up in the warranty check with HGST? They...
  3. X

[FS] Oracle Samsung PM1725A PCIe NVMe 3.2TB HHHL - Price lowered

I replaced some qlogic NICs from my server and realized that the problem wasn't the NVMe SSDs... it was the NICs! And these were Dell NICs as well! I had no clue 25/10G NIC's required so much cooling! It no longer sounds like a jet engine... but I still struggle with hearing anything outside of...
  4. X

Puhahahaha.... It's bad because I can't hear the door bell, my phone or my wife yelling at me.
  5. X

Beauty! You are a hero! I was just responding on whether I could reset to bios when you answered my question
  6. X

Thanks for the quick response! I don't want to manually set the fan speed as this will end up going into a datacenter where everthing is loud. But great to know the command line. The server has a bunch of stuff inside which needs needs the cooling... and yea, the CPU's are 135W or 150W each so...
  7. X

I'm not seeing any issues as of yet, I pulled the power out a few times after reading this post... I really hope the problem doesn't end up occuring later. I'm currently using one in a R730 dell server I'm setting up; the fans are stupid loud because the box doesn't know what the damn thing...
  8. X

I have Oracle Samsung PM1725A 3.2TB PCIE Gen3 x8 NVMe cards for sale: $400/ea with shipping fees negotiable. Pieces remaining: 6 --> 5 Samsung P/N: MZPLK3T2HCJL-000U4 Oracle P/N: 7317693 These were recently used in Dell servers and just recently retired. They all have from 93% to 97% life and...
  9. X

3rd Homelab - VMware Metro Cluster

After a few iterations in making labs, I looked into metro clusters. I was instantly attracted to the possibilities and setup two different locations. The picture below is the node which I house where the other node is in a different (close) location. Has anyone succesfully designed and...
  10. X

[WTB] R730xd 24 bay + 2 rear (with or without NVMe support) - Closed

Looking to buy a R730xd 2.5" barebone Found.. Thank you. Love STH, the people here are aweome!
  11. X

Performance Difference: SAS3 and SAS2 HDDs - What am I missing?

And that the SAS3 performance makes no difference from SAS2 HDD's given that the underlying specs are exactly the same?
  12. X

Awesome. So the performance of SAS3 drives is not better than SAS2 drives. We are only seeing these speeds because of the cache on the raid card. This should then mean that the SAS2 drives should perform equally well, correct? I still don't understand why my friend is so sure that SAS3 out...
  13. X

So everyone understands the SAS3 interface doubles the bandwidth of the previous generation. And that a single hard drive regardless of interface will have a sustained sequential considerably lower than what SAS3/SAS2 maxes out on. I've been telling everyone that the interface doesn't matter...
  14. X

Cleaning out some old lab equipment

Paypal, Payoneer (need to finish setting it up), cash (TT). Whatever you're comfortable with :)
  15. X

Cleaning out some old lab equipment

Selling some overstock hardware I got my hands on, as well as clearing up lab equipment I no longer need. The money earned is funding my new home lab setup. Message me if you're interested in seeing my current setup! CPUs Intel Xeon E3-1220 v5 - 1pcs :: $60 Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 - 2pcs ...