Recent content by Wixner

1. W

Mellanox Connect-IB on Windows Server 2019

This is where my knowledge of IB falls short - how do i set IP-addresses om IB HCA's if they're not idenfied by windows? and the Subnet Manager how and where do I download this?
  2. W

Yes, the latest firmware has been burned and I've tried both WinOF2 2.20 and WinOF 5-50. I'm afraid this card, is as you say, incompatible with Windows (2019)
  3. W

Hi, I recenlty bought (what the seller thought was a Mellanox Connect-X3) a Connect-IB and I can't get this card running under Windows Server 2019 - It only identifies as two PCI Device in the Device Manager. This is the first time I'm working with IB so I have no idea where to start my...
  4. W

SCVMM2016 and Virtual Networks in Trunk Mode

In the logical switch - but the issue was recently solved.
  5. W

SCVMM2016 and Virtual Networks in Trunk Mode

Hi, I'm not sure if you need any details about my issue so I won't go into any details but should you need, please do tell me. Is it possible to create a virtual network in trunk mode in SCVMM? I know it is possible independently on the VM's VMNetwork (Set-VMNetworkAdapterVLAN) but this...
  6. W

Is WSUS broken on Windows 10 / Server 2016?

I've just reinstalled a new domain with the bare necessity and the updated ADMX-files for Windows 10/Server 2016 and WSUS -seems- to work as intended right now. I just need to update the ADMX-files in our production environment to verify this. To bad you need to update your Windows Server 2016...
  7. W

According to our firewall, wuauclt ignores the registry settings for WSUS and talks directly with Windows Update and as far as I know, wuauclt is part of the scheduled task to look for new updates...
  8. W

If I trigger the update manually the client actually reports to my WSUS so everything works as intended. It seems that the server ignores that it should check updates automatically... somehow
  9. W

Here you can see that the server i'm trying to fix has connected to the WSUS console (but still haven't reported in) And this is the eventlog on the server (acc999999) where it has connected to some kind of update repository but found no updates If I trigger this update manually with the...
  10. W

I'm currently evaluating these GPO's on Windows Server 2016 and the event log of the client I keep receiving "No updates found" in WSUSUpdateClient
  11. W

Hi, It never reports in it current patch state, I can see it in the WSUS console - that is all. It does not matter if I run any wuauclt command - it won't check for updates unless i trigger it manually by the UI
  12. W

Hi and thank you for you reply. Yes the GPO is applied and the registry is set up accordingly to my WSUS configuration
  13. W

Problem: Windows Server 2016 won't detect updates on connected WSUS. A manual trigger will detect and install updates according to GPO. Background: We are an MSP providing a lot of Remote Desktop Servers to our customers and we want to control when and what updates are being installed to...
  14. W

TOH - The One Hypervisor

I get 30 of these (6 coldspare) for around 470 bucks so they're not too expensive. The thought of an allflash solution is indeed intriguing - perhaps good ol' ebay needs to get a thorough search. I guess there is no real need for a dedicated L2ARC and SLOG using a DC S3500 VDEV And yes - my...
  15. W

TOH - The One Hypervisor

Build’s Name: The One Hypervisor Operating System/ Storage Platform: Proxmox/ Local ZFS CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 Motherboard: Supermicro X10SRi-F Chassis: Supermicro CSE216E16-R1200LPB Drives: TBD (Probably 24 Seagate Savvio 15K.2 ST9146852SS 146GB 15K 2.5" SAS) RAM: 4x 16GiB Samsung...