Recent content by winglerw28

1. W

SuperMicro 24-bay chassis, X8DAH-F mobo, rails, PSUs, & SAS2 backplane [$455 after shipping]

Chassis, X8DAH-F motherboard, SAS2 backplane, rail kit, and dual PWS-1K21P-1R PSUs for $455 after shipping. I tried to search to see if this was posted anywhere else and couldn't see it, so I apologize if this is a repost. This seemed like a decent deal with everything included, especially...
  2. W

Sun Oracle F40 400GB PCI-e SSD - 65$

These drives are designed to be used with ZFS (Oracle even has documentation on this), so I would imagine FreeNAS would handle them just fine as long as there are drivers; I personally have used them as L2ARC drives on Linux, for whatever that is worth.
  3. W

The Oracle F40s are essentially slightly modified WarpDrive Nytro F40s - the option ROM for configuring them effectively shows that they run on an LSI SAS controller, exposing themselves to the operating system as four separate drives. I don't know if the controller actually has an equivalent...
  4. W

These drives get reposted here pretty regularly - I have five functional ones, and one non-functional one. The seller refunded me on the non-functional one without even remotely questioning it or asking for it back. Here is a summary of my overall experience with them: These are not 400GB...
  5. W

LSI Warpdrive flash accellerator 4x 100GB ssd 85 USD

Pfft, I'll be fine (smoke alarm going off in background)! Any recommendations on an appropriate fan I could fit in a 4U enclosure that won't make my ears bleed too badly? EDIT: I currently have a RSV-L4500 with a Tyan board and no other HDDs in the system (my SAS drives are all externally...
  6. W

LSI Warpdrive flash accellerator 4x 100GB ssd 85 USD

Ordered some of these for my homelab, seems like a great price for the size and speed.