Recent content by whitey

1. W

Unable to get Supermicro X10SRH-CF mobo to power on/post properly

All updated, order of update operations I took was BCM/IPMI firmware (IPMI web UI), BIOS (BIOS boot mode via freedos usb...ummm yeah they forced my hand), LSI 3008 HBA (UEFI boot mode using freedos usb) and YES SMC3008T.nsh is quite nice :-D vSphere 6.7 and 7.0 tested so far via satadom...
  2. W

OK, so I got a new MB in, resolved issue, posting cleanly now. Glad to know it was a faulty mobo, figured from the initial damage I should have known better and not held out hope. Anyone know what the latest Supermicro LSI SAS3 download page is at these days? I seem to have misplaced the url...
  3. W

Fairly certain I have a dead mobo, I can access the IPMI via an isolated test vlan/subnet and see it pickup a DHCP addy, acces it and I see this nonsense (old system build info/NO sensors reading) WTF Toast would you all concur? Start w/ a new/replacement/non-damaged mobo?
  4. W

Afternoon everyone, busy stranger popping back into the fray seeking help :-D I've been focused heavily on the software side of the house (PaaS/Kubernetes) the last few years so I may be rusty WRT my hardware chops but this just has me feeling silly. So a few weeks back picked up a X10SRH-CF...
  5. W

FS: Whitey's EOY 2019 Lab Cleanout

20200201 update: All my spare Mellanox gear is sold. Everything else still avail.
  6. W

EPYC Rome 7452 on eBay $1120

Realize this is a gen back but I thought it was insane pricing for 32 cores. https://www.ebay.com/itm/283744208025
  7. W

FS: 5x 10TB WD External Drives

In-shell/pre shucked or post shucked/bare drive? Slotted/minimal burnin/testing hrs or 0 pwr on hrs?
  8. W

List of NVMe drives that support namespaces or other ways to divide one up

My bad for digging up an ancient thread but I did want to point out I saw this and got a bit excited. Now I assume I can add one of these per oculink connect off of my X11SPH boards and go ham! 3.84TB NVMe Micron 9300 drives hovering around $800 each on ebay and they support up to 32...
  9. W

FS: Whitey's EOY 2019 Lab Cleanout

Good morning all, got some small bits and pieces of gear to cleanout...so says the boss when she looks at my spare parts shelf :-D Aruba J9997A 8-port 1GbE switch (HP Procurve lifetime warranty, nearly brand new, MINT, included pwr adapter (you rarely see this on ebay listings on these...
  10. W

Bestbuy - 14tb easystore external hard drive - $200

I just asked my wife to hide my wallet...now if it was only just as easy to take my digital $$$'s footprint off my computer...I'm w/ @BLinux...bamboo forest meditation may be my ONLY safe bet :-D
  11. W

Fishing...any TIG stack guru's around?

Basically following these guides which 'should' be simple nuff' Install Grafana and InfluxDB on CentOS 7 - Computing for Geeks How To Monitor VMware ESXi with Grafana and Telegraf - Computing for Geeks VMware vSphere - Overview dashboardData for Grafana Whether I follow the computingforgeeks...
  12. W

Fishing...any TIG stack guru's around?

Flailing around here trying to get 'what I thought to be' a fairly simple Telegraf/InfluxDB/Grafana stack going. Before I go into too much detail do we have any 'in the trenches' guru's round' here prior to me going into a novel. It's late or rather early morning here and imma bout to flog...
  13. W

DEAD: HGST SSD1600MM - HUSMM1640ASS201 - 400GB US $47.95 OBO

1TB dataset sVMotion of 'sweet sweet shiney blinkey's' going on between my two husmm pools. sweet-sweet-shiney-blinkeys.mp4
  14. W

Oh you won't hear me try to argue against that. Ya remember a couple yrs back when I posted the $99 400Gb hussl's and a ton of folks went nuts/were mind blown...well buddy ya'll just 'one up'ed' me :p Insane that newer gen hgst sas3 v.s. sas2 ssd devs are almost 1/2 that cost now w/ this...
  15. W

These things are addicting for sure (trust me I went through a hussl phase, then a husmm phase)...for all us slummin' it up and not all in on NVMe just yet I've always said hard to beat these tanks. You guys are next level though, 70 devs at a time...10 spares, I've yet to have one fail on me...