Recent content by Whaaat

1. W

Upgrade advice (M5110)

Yes, but it runs hot in low airflow case, so had to add a fan on the top of heatsink
  2. W

Upgrade advice (M5110)

I'm using this card without cv module too. Cache/battery is useless for jbod.
  3. W

16 Core 32 Thread HP z820 dual socket workstation build/performance upgrade

I just found that using QuickCPU utility I can set values PL1 and PL2 whatever I want. Guess what changes happen apart from Aida64 screen. Exactly nothing shifts in the behavior of CPU. It is well within original Intel specs.
  4. W

No, PL1=10sec, PL2=7.81ms -> means useless Here is what you ask for. Although PL1=40sec for 2650v2 it behaves exactly the same as 2670 that has PL1=10sec. 10sec of over-speeding above TDP under Linx, then reduction of frequency to fit TDP. Not sure why. Didn't have time to find out, but I...
  5. W

write error correction by algorithm

Normal. My HGST hdds have them in thousands
  6. W

Now that we see you are wrong again, stop writing this horsepoo and show us how much your 2673v2 consumes in Watts under Linx using HWinfo similar to this screen and we will decide if it worth the double price of 2667v2.
  7. W

Wrong again. It's motherboard feature. Intel tau for PL2 = 7.81ms
  8. W

Holy cow! Are you telling us that your 2673v2 costs twice as much as 2667v2 with ONLY a ~0MHz benefit and 7.5W higher consumption (137.5w against 130W)? That's the most ridiculously priced CPU I've ever seen! :D
  9. W

LOL. PL2=forever is a feature of motherboard vendors that doesn't grant Intel recommendations, not a particular CPU feature. And if your motherboard set tau=unlimited value automatically or allows you to set it manually doesn't mean this CPU will behave similarly in other motherboards such as...
  10. W

What ridiculous is that you don't see the difference between 'peg all CPU cores at 100%' and power consumption. And that explains everything
  11. W

Yep, under some 'lite' type of load those OEM versions are better, but they sucks in heavy computational job. That is why they were never meant for public release. Generic customers asking: "why my Xeon sucks under load as much as common Celeron?" is not what Intel wishes most This time you are...
  12. W

LOL, not Linux, but Linx. Is it so difficult for you to download it, launch it and see how your 110w TDP CPU will barely make 3.1 GHz under real AVX load?:D And it will throttle, because if CPU consumes 110w under CPU-Z bench, it will require 140 under any AVX load (Linx for instance). And this...
  13. W

LOL, that's because CPU-Z which you are using for benchmarking is unable to make more than 70W load on 2650v2. And I'm talking about Linx that pulls about 110W from 2650v2 (at 3GHz!) during first 10 seconds, then 'Power Limit 1' comes into play and CPU is not permitted to consume more than TDP...
  14. W

that's really cool, because 2650v2 (8 cores) can't even hold 2.9GHz all cores turbo under Linx, simply because of 95W TDP wall. First 10 seconds it is allowed to consume more, but once TDP limitation comes into play, frequency drops. And that's the same Ivy generation. But yeah, I believe that...
  15. W

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

controller with jbod=on instead of true HBA?