Recent content by waith

1. waith

NVME Storage in VMWare

Looks like the issue is related to each drive reporting the same nguid, and this happens across all operating systems. Its consistent outside VMWare too. That means the solution might be finding a way to change the nguid. Something that can be done with nvme-cli maybe? nguid ...
  2. waith

NVME Storage in VMWare

Has anyone else run into the issue of multiple NVME drives of the same size, make, and model not showing up in VMWare? They all get assigned the same identifier so ESXI thinks they're all the same device. Are there ways to change the identifier so VMWare sees them as separate devices...
  3. waith

EXPIRED $279:Oracle F320 (3.2TB) AIC

I'm running 4 intel DC S3500 as the cache tier right now. (1 S3500 to 1 8tb SAS HDD, 4 of each) Not the best, but it's what what in the recycle bin at work.
  4. waith

EXPIRED $279:Oracle F320 (3.2TB) AIC

These seem like they'd be pretty good for VSAN caching?
  5. waith

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

None that I could find, but I would love to be wrong!
  6. waith

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Are there any 3rd party/enthusiast efforts to get the Fusion IO2 working in VMWare 7.0?
  7. waith

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

What modifications to the VM configs did you make? I've tried pciPassthru.use64bitMMIO="TRUE" and manually defining pciHole.start = "1200" and pciHole.end = "4040" on both VMs. Also the stuff in the attached screenshot.
  8. waith

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

Anyone had success with passing through two video cards to different VMs? I have two RX 470s that I'm sending through to Win10 guests on ESXI 6.5. Host is a Precision T5610 with latest bios. GPU1 -> VM1 (Seems to work, but BSOD when updating drivers) GPU2 -> VM2 (Crashes the second anything...
  9. waith

Server 2016 & GPU pass-through with Direct Device Assignment (DDA)

Also noticing that in server core, HDMI drivers won't install and the GPUs cannot be used in the host. I think the problem with the DDA assignment is related, that there is something missing that's preventing the passthrough. DirectX?
  10. waith

Server 2016 & GPU pass-through with Direct Device Assignment (DDA)

What was working in v1607 is no longer working in 2016 v1709. I'm getting "element not found" when starting VMs with RX 470s assigned. I'll link my motherboard and the support thread I started on technet. ASRock Rack > EP2C602-4L/D16 Win Server 2016 v1709 - Element not found when starting...
  11. waith

Recommendations to replace 3ware 9650SE-4LPML

Anyone mind floating some recommendations to replace my dying 3ware 9650SE? I only have a 4x PCI-E slot free in my Asrock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16 and I'm torn between buying a new card or using the on-board Intel SCU ports to build a fake-raid. I have 3 6TB drives in RAID 5 and I'm running...
  12. waith

PrimoCache Server

Anyone had luck improving the speed of network shares or iSCSI target with the server version of PrimoCache? I have a 3ware 9650se-4lpml RAID5 array with 3 6TB HGST drives that I'm trying to speed up so it can utilize more of my 10GB network.
  13. waith

Poor 10gb Performance - Mellanox X-2 + UBNT US‑16‑XG

Disabling virtual machine queues had some interesting results. Still only getting 1/2 speed on the receive.
  14. waith

I removed the #5 transceiver that wasn't hooked to anything.
  15. waith

Back at work until 4PM Central, I'll grab port stats this evening. Thanks for the help so far guys.