Recent content by vulture

1. V

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

This is how I run 2 of mine "forced bt mode" off icx7150-24p - highest I have seen is 17W with 30W power budget allocated. No issues for 4months.
  2. V

mine are plugged into a 7150-24p (forced to bt mode in unleashed) and from what the switch is reporting (show inline power) the 730s are consuming sub 20W, I assume this goes up with more clients connecting and beamflex working its magic.
  3. V

Out of 8 730s I bought on ebay, two had hardware issues. One had a burnt out serial port and would panic early in the boot. Another had a burn out 5GBe port even though it would power the AP over POE but there was not connection to the switch. On that one I had to force bt power mode in order to...
  4. V

I am running 6 r730s on .203 and no panics
  5. V

If you look in the AP settings in unleashed, there is a setting for "performance" vs "compatibility" mode (cant recall exact wording). The latter is the default. If you set the AP to performance mode the 160mhz option in the channel selection will show up. Also, even with 160mhz available, given...
  6. V

Just some notes on powering the 730 APs with unleashed using a POE switch. I have a 7150-C12p switch and it does not support POE bt. However, you can allocate 30+W of power to the port and then force the AP into bt power mode through the unleashed UI. This seems to work fine all all features are...