Recent content by vl1969

1. vl1969

Opinion needed, should I ditch my UPS or not?

Whell my are rack mount black units. They are old, at least 15 or 20 years old. I just changed the batteries last year in both units and now one of them showing bad battery light. Guess in the trash it goes, I switch all to the second unit that seams ok for now and start looking for a...
  2. vl1969

Even though it eats through them this fast I changed the cells last year. The second unit is working as far as I can tell with the same batteries. I replaced cells in both units at the same time, from the same vendor. It was cheaper to get 8 cells than buy them 4 at a time
  3. vl1969

Hi, need a third party opinion here. I have a couple of APC 1500 UPS. I changed the batteries in both about a year ago, until than they were unused for about 2 years as the batteries were dead. Now one of them, with the lightest load, a switch and the monitor, is beeping and sho bad battery...
  4. vl1969

Sorry, gotta brag

Nice, I got sas2 for 200$. A few months back.
  5. vl1969

SQL Novice Advice

Without properly looking over this sql and knowing what sql engine used, I can not acert the desired result, but this sql looks scary. Why not a simple join with group by?
  6. vl1969

[WTB] Supermicro CSE-846 4U Chassis w/ SAS3 Backplane, Drive Trays

No I keep it in the garage. Had to move a few times and the box came handy.
  7. vl1969

[WTB] Supermicro CSE-846 4U Chassis w/ SAS3 Backplane, Drive Trays

Why hard to ship? I bought my sm847 about 10 years ago Came in a box with fitted foam wrapper. Perfectly safe. Of course the only thing left from that setup now is the shell and trays
  8. vl1969

Free virtualization OS

Keep in mind that hiper-v free is very limited. It works and you can even do HA setup but do research about it. Also for HA you need a distributed storage between servers. It is very difficult to share local storage of the nodes. Last time I set something like that I used solarwinds storage but...
  9. vl1969

R720 No Raid Controller

It all depends on what is your plan for this server. Why do you need raid?
  10. vl1969

[?] Need Help with Server build

You are welcome This forum helped me a few times too. BTW, the link is only one off hba that you may consider, it really depends on your true needs and wants. There maybe a few cards that cheaper yet still would work for you.
  11. vl1969

By the look of it it is sas3 backplane, so any sas3 hba will work like Supermicro LSI 9300-8i 12Gbps SAS-3 HBA P16 Here is a post that looks like exactly what you asking. https://forums.unraid.net/topic/109329-connecting-lsi-sas9305-24i-to-sas3-backplane/ It also looks like you need...
  12. vl1969

I have been running jdwonloader2 and jellyfin for the last 10 years. Used to have setup of sickbeard and sonarr but lost the VMs. Now I am trying to recreate something similar but need to reorganize my collection so I am trying to find what can sift through existing files and rename/move them...
  13. vl1969

I love the setup. Cant suggest much as you obviosly have seriose plans here, but have a question, how do you usr tdarr? Can it run withoit gpu? Can I use it not only to transcode my collection but also organaze it? Forgot to ask, what is your plan for OS? Thanks.
  14. vl1969

Loosing hdd at random in my 24 disks server

Thanks bilbo1337. I read about too, but the server was working fine for at least 6 or 7 years. Hence why I was thinking it was HDDs at first. But I checked the drives that fall out and they are ok. Health check report is ok. And when I put them back and resilver they work. Anyhow, I got a new...
  15. vl1969

Booting a Dell R720XD

Why do you think the SSD are not bootable? I had 2 730 at my work and both booted just fine from the SSDs in the flex bay