Recent content by vinay

1. V

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

Just thought i will give my update.. I after numerous trial and errors, nothing worked for me. I gave it all for a week. But for some reason the actuall monitor never got the signal and the VM kept crashing when i tried to install the AMD driver. Ever since i thought i give it shot on...
  2. V

I did try 2gb ram yesterday , but that also crashed.. will try experimenting with different values of the pcihole and see what happens..
  3. V

Yes.. i added both the amd card and audio .. But i did not enable performance counters.. But I did enable expose hardware and reserve all guest memory..
  4. V

I did.. and the appearance of the server hangs is seen.. But it think that exclamation mark is coming because the driver is not properly updated.. I remember when i had this on different hypervisor(not exactly, I used UNRAID) , even microsoft update to GPU works fine.. when i try it here the...
  5. V

Before installing the driver it detects as Microsoft basic display adapter.. Before adding the GPU After adding the GPU.. Now when I directly try to install the driver the VM crashes. There was once when i tried to update the driver through microsoft first and then install the driver which...
  6. V

I see it as Microsoft basic display adapter .. I usually revert to snapshot before adding the GPU ,when it fails... yes using vnC but on the esxi display also it is showing up..
  7. V

RX480 passthrough on ESXi6.5

Yup.. i did all this.. But i do not understand the point of running the installer and extracting it as it will again do the same when you add the GPU and run it again.. When you say 2gm you mean RAM setting right? I need to try that.. I did try this also but when the installation takes place...
  8. V

I had kept the iGPU as the primary and now changed that to GPU and also added the pciHole start and end to vmx file... but other than the fact that it reaches the point of booting up nothing happens after.. i.e., for some reason i cannot get past the installation of amd driver.. whenever amd...
  9. V

Thanks.. I will wait for your response.. Also i do have my monitor connected. Which is why i am not sure if this will work but i will try for few more days i think..
  10. V

This is what is seen in windows display or am i looking at the wrong section ? Also the second screen is not detected as you can see in the screenshot.
  11. V

Hi.. I am trying to do the this action but i am not sure how do i turn of VM monitor in the display settings. I am assuming your talking about windows display settings. Please help in exactly to do this setup..
  12. V

Before adding GPU.. After adding GPU If it is not these screenshots do let me know.. After adding the GPU and adding the parameter " hypervisor.cpuid.v0 " to FALSE. THe VNC is also not opening, just a blank screen and so it the monitor. TightVNC is also not able to connect the pc. Not...
  13. V

Not able to pass the GPU in short.. At first when i was not able to configure GPU as device to VM , as it would give some error of reserving memory or some thing.. Then i tried to bring up a VM without GPU passthrough. Then i tried to add the RX480 but nothing happens , i mean the VM comes as...
  14. V

I am facing the exact same issue. This is not good.. :( please do let know if Nvidia works..
  15. V

@m_b: Thanks.. it worked.. but when i try to passthrough GPU, it give me the memory reservation failure. I see many have this problem.. but no idea how to solve it.. Did you face anything of this sorts.. ? if so how did you solve it? Also i am trying to passthrough the keyboard and mouse. I see...