Recent content by ViciousXUSMC

1. ViciousXUSMC

New NAS Need HDD Hardware Advice

Technically shucking the drives voids the warranty though, if we are trying to be proper.
  2. ViciousXUSMC

I have been in that thread, thats where I found out about them :)
  3. ViciousXUSMC

I am running out of space on my R710, I have had a R510 with the 12 3x5" bays on standby for a while to build into a new NAS. I'll probably go bare metal Freenas and a 10x Disk Raid Z2 setup. For those disks. Would you think 10x 14TB WD Reds would be best when they are on sale for $~200 each...
  4. ViciousXUSMC

Gigabyte R180-F34 1U Server (2011-3) $94-109 + Shipping

IMPI control of the BMC is exactly the reason I love and have held onto my Dell R210ii because with the fans down its just as quiet or more quiet than my desktop. I do voice over work and my server rack is only feet away and you cant even hear it. I am curious the process and commands you used...
  5. ViciousXUSMC

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Just a friendly bump (this thread moves fast) anybody know a potential solution to my PoE detection problem on the ICX 6450? A PoE spliter I just bought works fine on a lesser switch, but refuses to power up on the 6450. I tried all the PoE commands I can find and have not had luck forcing it...
  6. ViciousXUSMC

6.4TB Samsung PM1725a 5DWPD Enterprise TLC V-NAND PCIe 3.0 x8 NVMe HHHL AIC SSD NEW $999

Waiting for end of year for a new PC build on a 4900x, 2x 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, etc. Was looking at those PCIe 4.0 SSD's like the Sabrient Rocket, how would this compare you think as the main disk for a Windows 10 OS productivity/gaming computer?
  7. ViciousXUSMC

Give away: 4u Norco 24 bay case

I am about an hour away and would have died for one of these back in the day. I have a R510 on standby ready to load up with drives once I can afford them all lol. Is this just a barebones, or have HBA and Mobo and all that intact?
  8. ViciousXUSMC

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Make sure you are on the right subnet and try to access the webgui with http:// https:// (forgot witch it was) for me it would not work just putting in the IP alone.
  9. ViciousXUSMC

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Stuck on something today. Just bought a PoE splitter so I could run my Hue Hub closer to center of the house away from my server rack and AP interference. I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOIDXZ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I hooked it up, turned on...
  10. ViciousXUSMC

eBay - Extra 20% off for 4th of July

Yeah I hoped to find maybe a good soldering iron station or something under tools. I was unable to find anything good. Thanks for the share though.
  11. ViciousXUSMC

EU FS: Brocade ICX6450-48P, ICX6610-48P and accessories

Just throwing this out there I have been wanting rack ears for the 6450 and 6610. I am not sure if you have spares, or how much it would cost to ship across the sea. I should make a WTB thread, but figured I would drop in and say I am interested if that is an option.
  12. ViciousXUSMC

eBay: Brocade ICX7150-C12P (fanless 12x1GbE copper 2x10GbE SFP+) - $180 BO + $10 shipping

I offered $150 but I didn't get it either. So somebody else beat me or offered more.
  13. ViciousXUSMC

eBay: Brocade ICX7150-C12P (fanless 12x1GbE copper 2x10GbE SFP+) - $180 BO + $10 shipping

Very Nice! I wouldn't use it as my main switch simply because its not rack mount and I am unusually obsessed with everything being bolted to a rack and taking up the entire slot. I'll have to keep an eye out for a ICX-7250 for that. However that little break out switch in the back of the house...
  14. ViciousXUSMC

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

IMO Mesh should be used when required, not when desired :) If you have no way to home run all the AP's or locate them in a way that you get good coverage without needing to have these one off locations where you cant get wires, and you need those auxiliary AP's for coverage. Them make the...
  15. ViciousXUSMC

[DEAD] Newegg $140 - Netgear - GS110MX-100NAS - Netgear GS110MX Ethernet Switch - 8 Ports

Love the description. "Layer 2 Supported" Glad that is the case lol. What I'll keep an eye out for is a cheap multi-gig switch that is managed so I can create vlans, with a SFP+ port to uplink to my larger switch. Then I can look into one of those fancy AX Access Points with a faster uplink.