Recent content by ViciousXUSMC

1. ViciousXUSMC

WTB Dell R510 Extended Ear (left power button)

No since I do have that wire on the way, and I found a front panel button that while overpriced was not as bad as the entire ear for $75+ so I'll try to get it working with parts before I resort to forced power on via CMOS reset. I do think once I get it up I can also always power it on via the...
  2. ViciousXUSMC

Possible, I did almost get it on when I was messing around and accidentally shorted something. I will probably cut the wire leading to the ear and then have some wire I can work with and still have the case closed. This also put me on a hunt for just an IO wire rather than the EAR and those...
  3. ViciousXUSMC

No its a R510 and I bought it so long ago I cant recall but I think the seller sent me a R720XD ear for it as the original one was broken. So I have a R720XD ear and the power button doesn't work on it. Guess I never tested it after installing that part.
  4. ViciousXUSMC

I have an IDRAC on it but when I bought it they didnt reset the password to factory. So I cant access the IPMI controls, I even swapped the IDRAC to a new one, but it appears the configuration for it stays with the server not the add-on module. The way to reset that is from boot going into...
  5. ViciousXUSMC

My server came with a R720XD EE and it wont power on. Based on this: Looks like I need to find an actual R510 EE to get this working. I cant find one on ebay or something and hate to buy another entire server just for this part. So hope one of you has one hiding in the good ol' junk pile :)...
  6. ViciousXUSMC

5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

No noise because I spool down the fans using the IDRAC IPMI control for the BMC, power is under 40w measured by a P3 if I recall . I don't recall the processor any longer as I have had it so long I would have to look later. It has been a good machine, the only thing I did was add an Intel NIC...
  7. ViciousXUSMC

That is kind of what I was thinking. Again my R210ii was less than half the price and the only thing I need to add is a 10gb NIC. Its already ultra low power consumption and ultra low noise thanks to the IPMI control on the BMC. Its smaller and lighter, but that really doesn't matter once it...
  8. ViciousXUSMC

Tempting, I have a Dell R210ii running my PFSense that is probably not far off in capabilities that was less than $200 but this just seems like a cool box :)
  9. ViciousXUSMC

EXPIRED WD 14TB Elements External Hard Drive - 259.99$

Limit 4 if I am not mistaken (for the coupon). My next NAS build is 10 drives so waiting on a deal without a limited quantity, hopefully price will continue to go down.
  10. ViciousXUSMC

APC SUA2200RM2U Ultra Short Battery Life

So I got this fixed I guess, found a pretty cheap USB to Serial Cable made for APC on Amazon (cheaper than buying the console cable and a USB Serial Adapter, and no wait like from ebay) was able to get in there and from days of research found how to change two key things. The battery constant...
  11. ViciousXUSMC

So I have a FTDI USB to serial on the way and a knock off APC cable from ebay wont be here for weeks though. I also found today a program that looks very promising called apc-fix.exe it seems like it can do what I need to do automatically. However I cant tell for sure if the "free" version vs...
  12. ViciousXUSMC

the UPS reads it as 55v but with a multi meter I get less than that. Like 52, but that might not be a fully charged battery with the surface charge not removed. Id have to retest to verify after fully charging.
  13. ViciousXUSMC

Ok I guess I will do this, no way to reach those commands via the NMC or SSH? What console cable to do I need exactly? I have a USB to Serial adapter already for programing my ESP8266 and ESP32 MC's so I might be able to just use raw wire and a header on the board, or fashion some kind of...
  14. ViciousXUSMC

Still no luck. Got the battery tester, all the batteries tested good. Did the calibration run until it cut off and determined it needed to run on power again and then tested each battery with a volt meter and still was getting 12v+ per cell. I think the issue here is the unit has a very high...
  15. ViciousXUSMC

Reset the network management card and got back in. These numbers do not look right for load. I have used P3 before on my rack and it draws between 200 and 300w. Status Last Battery Transfer: Due to software command or UPS's test control Internal Temperature: 29.7°C Runtime...