Recent content by unmesh

1. U

SOLVED: trying to run 2.5g multi-gig to an older juniper ex4300

@FingerBlaster The link won't come up in an EX2300 even with the Juniper branded version of this transceiver. Since neither the EX2300 nor the EX4300 are in the supported list for this transceiver, I was hopeful your experience would carry over to mine. Another possibility is I have a USB...
  2. U

GBASE-T transceivers performance with NBASE-T - Marvell 88x3300 v/s Aquantia AQS-107

Since these are unmanaged, are there any visual indications for what link rate the ports have negotiated?
  3. U

Mix 10G 2.5G, slow speed, high Retr

Glad it helped!
  4. U

Best of luck!
  5. U

You've really gone to town on VLANs! At least at the Gigabit Ethernet level, every room in the house that has either a Netgear or a TP-Link or a Trendnet unmanaged switch happily passes along tagged frames. And some of them are very old. I also have a few cheap "web-managed" switches and an...
  6. U

2.5Gbps copper SFP+ transceivers are a hot mess so your experimental results will be instructive for the rest of us. I've had to return every transceiver that was not an original Aquantia. If your APs are VLAN aware, though, you have the option to use unmanaged switches since they do pass along...
  7. U

This reminds me that I need to test my AQ113 module
  8. U

Converting HP Z238 C236 mainboard for homelab use

What's the size of this mainboard? I'm wondering if I can use it in an existing minitower chassis.
  9. U

future planning for pFsense and 10Gb

I think I understand at least the network architecture and will need to find time to trial it. Thanks
  10. U

future planning for pFsense and 10Gb

@Sealside Can you say more about your setup? I have a L3 capable core switch in my LAN but could never figure out how to have it play nice with pfsense and am therefore using it as a L2+ switch.
  11. U

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

The only encryption choices are WPA2 and none
  12. U

Got my second R600 up and running and decided to do some testing of roaming to compare with my Omada APs. It works fine for Windows laptops but I've noticed that our iPhones often lose WiFi connectivity completely and use the cellular network when on the Ruckus defined WLANs Is there a remedy...
  13. U

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Samsung is the largest producer of flash memory in the world!
  14. U

14 TB WD Easystore $200 @BestBuy

I thought I'd run a test before shucking this drive and it is making unusual sounds at idle (a short "burp" every 5 seconds) and during the SMART short test (grinding sounds) though SMART data shows nothing amiss. How has others' experience been? Idle Sound.mp3 SMART Short Diagnostic.mp3 Thanks
  15. U

I think I will wait for a reasonably priced (second) R600 since I'd like to try it in wireless backhaul mode for a friend's application before using it with wired backhaul for myself. Thanks