Recent content by ultrabay

1. U

Switch ears for Celestica E1031?

I have a few of these guys but one is missing the ears. Any idea if they have a model number or where I could find some?
  2. U

$127 Cisco ENCS5412/K9 Xeon-D 1557 (12 core), 32G ram

Fairly certain these are the rack ears, they match the serial number and look identical.
  3. U

I measured 43db about three feet away. The fan pitch on mine is fairly pleasant but I'd agree it's a bit loud for an office unless you are looking for a white noise generator.
  4. U

It seems to be able to boot off anything exactly like a regular computer as long as you don't have the BIOS locked down. Mine was not.
  5. U

I was fairly seamlessly able to install Ubuntu 22.04 off a flash drive onto a 2.5" drive. Extremely normal install procedure other than the one million PXE boot devices. Also, the 2.5" drives seem to work fine as regular drives without the RAID controller, I assume that's just if you want...
  6. U

Don't quote me on this but I think at least mine had a "factory reset" NFVIS saved on it somewhere. You can pull the drive write the file system, it's a M.2 SATA. Probably 64GB.
  7. U

Allegedly you can get updates if have you equipment with a current version has a severe enough CVE although it's a bit of a process and they'll only upgrade to the latest minor version that is serious CVEs.
  8. U

I was doing some research on these awhile back and found this slide which was informative: https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKRST-2519.pdf I've also been looking for software. If anyone has any links, it would be much appreciated.
  9. U

ICX7150 for repair?

I did swap the pins because from what I could tell the polarity was backwards on the new board. This is how it is currently wired. White is positive voltage is black is negative voltage. Just to sanity check - this is the correct polarity right? Also as an aside for anyone who is...
  10. U

ICX7150 for repair?

I've been trying to repair a ICX7150 with no luck. I ordered a FSP200-P35-A54 and swapped it in and swapped the pins on the connector. I get 53~ volts out of the PSU but when I connect it to the switch board and give it power, the voltage drops off entirely. Never get any lights. I'm not seeing...
  11. U

Who is the fraud, Unifi or Citron research?

It would be unfortunate if Ubiquiti turned out to be fraudulent. I would compare them to Olympus in this case as obviously a lot of us have and like Ubiquiti products myself included so clearly they are at least in some regard an actual company. As for the evangelical bit it makes sense to me...