Recent content by UKEE

1. U

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yes, it does. Not sure what the minimum is though. I designed and tested a tach multiplier using an Arduino board but never got around to installing it.
  2. U

Thanks fohdeesha....this is the one that confused me. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/page-119#post-241628 The ICX6450 will tag a slow fan as failed but will still boot and run. The ICX7250, at least in my case...
  3. U

Update: Looks like the Sunon and other slower fans aren't fast enough for the switch. Received this through the console: FATAL ERROR: At least one good FRU fan should be present in the system System is shutting down!!!
  4. U

Yeah, not sure why. I'll try to connect with the console cable and see if I can get a hint as to what's going on. Surprised it kept rebooting.
  5. U

Just for kicks, I tried this with the ICX7250-24. First, I placed the slower Sunon fan into the unit but it caused the unit to go into a boot loop (any slower fan that I tried did the same). The unit would do the high speed fan startup but when finally going to the slower running speed, it...
  6. U

Thanks! I'm going to swap the fans with the slower Sunon fans and then just mount and try it. If I feel that it's getting too hot or loud (from heat), I'll swap direction and see if it makes a difference. Just seemed that pushing air into the bottom and letting it rise with the hot air...
  7. U

Thanks again to @fohdeesha for the great guide. Just flashed and setup an ICX7250-24 to go with the ICX6450-24 previously setup. Also like to thank @arglebargle for the cable guide to convert the ICX6450-24 console cable to the mini USB cable used by the ICX7250-24 using a keystone jack to...
  8. U

Quick fan question (sorry if already posted). I'm thinking about mounting the ICX7250-24 on a wall with the intake vent facing up (to get the ports facing the way that I would like) and the exhaust fan at the lower back side. However, in the current configuration, the air would be pulled from...
  9. U

If this post is not allowed, I'll edit it. With that said, if anyone is looking for a lower price ICX6450-24, one popped up on eBay for $145 shipped OR BEST OFFER (free shipping and includes console cable according to listing). These ARE NOT my listing, just thought I would pass it on. You...
  10. U

Just a quick pop-in to say that I'm joining the party as a novice. Picked up an ICX 6450-24 to get 10Gbit into the house (don't need - just want). Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread but a special thanks to @fohdeesha for not only getting it started but to post so many...