Recent content by u238

1. U

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have the exact issue with my 6450. The fan is always at full speed while show chassis reports low fan speed. I just swapped in a quieter fan and haven't had an issue. No idea what the problem is.
  2. U

Is there any way to see the stack port utilization of the icx6450s?
  3. U

Yeah. It has a 3 port switch built in. I wish it was a simple ONT but the ISP doesn't allow any other devices. The model is an HG8045Q.
  4. U

Supermicro X9DRD 1U chassis 126 USD

Yep. It's a regular E-ATX board, just highly stripped down. The seller was (maybe still is) selling the boards separately for cheap.
  5. U

Pretty sure it's 1G, 10G or nothin.
  6. U

Interesting, I didn't consider just using spanning tree. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
  7. U

Say I had a dumb switch (my ISP provided ONT / router / switch device) and a stack of 2 ICX switches. Is there any way to create a two link failover type lagg setup between the dumb switch that doesn't support LACP and the switch stack?
  8. U

As already mentioned, the command is show license. You'll keep any license that's already on the device if you follow the guide.
  9. U

Can anyone give me any insight on multicast? I have an experimental proxmox cluster that relies on multicast, and it seems to work fine in the default vlan. On a new vlan I created, multicast didn't work at all until I enabled multicast active and multicast version 3. Am I doing this right or...
  10. U

If anyone was curious, the rails for these are really nice. They snap into the rack in about 5 seconds from the front and also lock open with nice pull tabs to unlock. They have quite a few slots, and can probably be modified to fit a lot of different chassis. I know for sure that they match up...
  11. U

Just wanted to let you know that the regular bios update works fine on these.
  12. U

Dang. That 7250 would be absolutely perfect for my setup. I'm going to keep an eye out for a cheap one.
  13. U

How to update firmware on Dell branded Intel SSDs w/o a Dell?

Hm. I'm seeing the same behavior using a dell HBA. Probably gonna give up and return the drives unless I make some sort of breakthrough.
  14. U

How to update firmware on Dell branded Intel SSDs w/o a Dell?

Were you able to flash them with a non dell system?