Recent content by Tuckie

1. T

High capacity, energy efficient, performant NAS build options?

Thank you for catching that; I've actually gone ahead and ordered the SC846BE1C-R1K23B | 4U | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. EDIT: As far as everything else, I'm currently leaning towards: https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/H12SSL-C Since I really wanted the...
  2. T

Yeah, I realize on the rational level that the cpu itself is not a big part of the power draw. I almost went the X10DRU + hotswap case route, but I didn't like the idea of being stuck into a proprietary motherboard. I figure this will let me expand as I see fit down the road.
  3. T

That's what I get for early morning copy paste, that's exactly the board I was looking at. :P What type of SAS 3 connector is on that board? The case has a Mini SAS HD (SFF 8643) connector on the backplane.
  4. T

Thanks for pointing me down that route, this one definitely looks interesting: H12SSL-NT | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. However I can't for the life of me figure out what connector the SAS controller is using.
  5. T

I'm looking to build a new energy efficient rackmount homelab server to handle a glut of hd video and high resolution image editing over the network. I've been limping along using a Synology RS2414+ for way too long. I've run out of room on it. It's slow. it's started hard-locking on me. Rather...