Recent content by tryingtorunservers

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hi, I recently got a second-hand ICX7150-C12P, and it seems to behave a bit differently: 1. It came with the switch firmware on primary and router firmware on secondary 2. Out of the box, it failed to boot from primary then falls back to secondary 3. After flashing both to latest firmware...
  2. T

Intel NAS Performance Toolkit or other benchmarking tools?

Hi, I'm curious if anyone has a copy of Intel NAS Performance Toolkit they'd be willing to share since the original link seems to be taken off from the Intel site. Otherwise, what are some recommended tools for benchmarking storage devices and NAS? Thank you,
  3. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

able to hit it on https. do you also need email tested?
  4. T

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Thank you for the note. I'm doing a direct link right now but plan to move to a switch at some point. I'm curious how MTU matters for computer/computer vs. through a switch? My plan was to add NVMe SSDs as caches in the NAS and hoping the caches will make it comparable to at least a SATA...
  5. T

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Thanks a lot for the note. Re: network settings: I started looking into MTU settings, they're all default at 1500. Learning how to change them and will report back how things are. I assume I want them to be like 9000? I also changed windows driver to tune for single port traffic and that seems...
  6. T

Hi, I was able to flash two MCX354A-QCBT to MCX354A-FCBT firmware, but I seem to be getting just ~12Gbps speed when running ipref tests between a Linux NAS and Windows 10 client even though I confirmed that the firmware were flashed correctly, and the OSs reports 40Gbps link speed on both hosts...
  7. T

Mellanox ConnectX-3 40GbE QSFP breakout cable to 4 SFP ports on 10GbE switch?

Thanks a lot! Will be looking for an adapter then. Just curious, are network equipment picky about adapters? Like can I use a Cisco QSFP -> SFP adapter on a Dell switch? Sorry if these questions are basic... I'm new to all this.
  8. T

Mellanox ConnectX-3 40GbE QSFP breakout cable to 4 SFP ports on 10GbE switch?

Hi, From previous threads (Using a breakout cable with ConnectX-3 MCX354A) , it seems like ConnectX-3 does not support breakout cables, at least in the case where one wants use the breakout cable solely as an QSFP to SFP adapter. What if all SFP ports are connected to the same switch instead...