Recent content by tronic

1. T

SFP+ cards with ASPM support?

Late to the party, but here is the output for my x520 5:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection (rev 01) Subsystem: Intel Corporation Ethernet Server Adapter X520-2 Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+...
  2. T

Looking for a small/compact/home 10GbE L3 switch

@whiskytangofoxconn I guess you are not in Germany, but the following popped just up on "ebay small deals" for 700 EUR, which would be a perfect fit for your needs. Cisco SG550XG-8F8T-K9 16-Port 10Gig 8 X10G BaseT and 8 SFP+ Cisco 550X Series Stackable Managed Switches Data Sheet Pro is RIP v2...
  3. T

Looking for a small/compact/home 10GbE L3 switch

Hey there, I have the previous version and without POE for exactly the same needs > Cisco SG350X-24. SFP+ goes to a Truenas (Intel C3758) server (FS DAC), while 2x copper 10GbE to my workstation & Proxmox server (Xeon-D 1528). The remaining SFP+ I might use for connecting a cisco 2960s-24-TD-L...
  4. T

Switch recommendation: Smart/Managed gigabit, SFP/SFP+, homelab use

I usually go for idealo.de to do a price eval. Have attached a screenshot (taken a roughly minute ago) below about the listing as I see it with local, German, IP.
  5. T

Switch recommendation: Smart/Managed gigabit, SFP/SFP+, homelab use

Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster :). I am also planning to exchange my core switch (SG300) as I have invested into a X10SDV-6C+-TLN4F and would like to tinker with 10G. After doing significant amount of research I am considering to pull the trigger on a SG350X-24 (24 GE + 2 10GE...