Recent content by tr0gd0r

1. T

Potential deal: $150 Sandisk CloudSpeed Eco Gen II 1.7TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" SSD

Anyone got a benchmark on one of these? Curious about the sequential r/w speeds
  2. T

WTB 4x-6x Hard drives, 3Tb+

I have 5x 6TB WD Red Drives for sale. $150 each shipped to you.
  3. T

Thoughts on Seagate 4TB 2.5" HDD

What Seagate 5TB did you get?
  4. T

FS - LSI 9207-8i and Icy Dock Adapters

I have the following for sale. LSI 9207-8i SAS HBA (Will include 2x SAS to SATA Breakout cables) - $70 shipped 2x ICY Dock 2.5" to 5.25" Adapter (Model: MB324SP-B) - $30 each shipped Shipping is to USA only. Other countries will require quotes. Send me a PM if interested. Heatware profile -...
  5. T

FS - 2x Seagate 4TB 2.5" HDDs

Anandtech disagrees... "The drive uses platters that operate partly in PMR mode and partly in SMR, along with multi-tier caching (MTC) which includes DRAM and flash - The efficiency of MTC ensures that an empty drive maintains as much consistency as a PMR drive even under heavy traffic.)"...
  6. T

Doesn't sound ideal. Maybe I need to sell these drives.
  7. T

I keep reading mixed reports on the Seagate 4TB 2.5" HDDs (specifically the ST4000LM016). I'm trying to figure out if they are SMR or PMR. I also want to know if they are a good fit for a RAID 5 on an LSI controller or within FreeNAS. Anyone have any thoughts?