Recent content by tony&

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Indeed sounds similar to what @u238 experienced. No QR stickers visible. This is one of 4 that went up in mid september from an UK Ebay supplier.
  2. T

Thanks to you I had extra motives to get the switch up and running. I read through Brocade's pinout and made an attempt to map out the RJ45 and DB9 which indeed worked, so now I have everything up and running. But yes, the fan is still sounding though. >show chassis The stack unit 1 chassis...
  3. T

In my ICX6450 my fan was rather noisy (way louder than my R710 actually). In wait for a new fan I opened the chassis and installed a left over "low noise adapter" from an old Noctua chassis fan, noise went down remarkable and temp (Celsius - idle) is 40.5 (B) and 50 (A).
  4. T

I saw this thread about two months ago and saw my potential future candidate to be the perfect match my new server build at home. When I finally saw 4 ICX6450-48 on Ebay in Europe for a good price I took it as a sign to buy. The switch arrived yesterday and as I currently don't have a RJ45...
  5. T

Moving from Solaris 11.3 to OmniOS (or OpenIndiana): anything important to know?

I've asked Oracle through their email/chat functions for the possibility of a cheaper license for Solaris similar to their Oracle Linux counterpart ("Oracle Linux Network Support") which would only allow access to their IPS repository and I was told by that they would look it up and reach back...