Recent content by tojoski

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

It was on a Cyberpower pure sine wave, but it happened again this morning while directly plugged into the wall.
  2. T

I have an ICX-6450-24P that I have been using without issue for a few years. Recently after a power outage I discover that not only was my UPS no longer working, but the switch didn't power itself back up when the power came back on. After unplugging it, waiting about 5 seconds and then...
  3. T

Has anyone configured a vlan for a a guest wireless network from a unifi AP? I am a bit lost as the implementation is of course way different than the Zyxel that it is replacing.. This is how I acomplished it on the Zyxel.. vlan2 is what I am using for the guest network EDIT: I figured it out...
  4. T

Does anyone have a 10gig Ethernet transceiver that they recommend for the 6450? I would go with just dac cables but my board already has dual 10g Ethenet.
  5. T

I'm just now getting into my 6450-24p, but I'm guessing this means I have no licenses installed? ICX6450-Adva-2-143#show license License record empty
  6. T

Well the fans I ordered from Digikey are only 2-wire and don't have the connector. #facepalm Can anyone confirm whether these need the RPM type output, or the RD output (rotation detection)?
  7. T

I thought I read here that the Noctuas wouldn't start at the lowest fan level 4.5v? I was also under the impression that it needed the locked rotor detection.
  8. T

I might, I haven't gotten that far with mine yet. I did find and order a suitable set of fans.. These are 7.7CFM @ 21DB, have the RD output and best of all available from a reputable seller. MF40201V2-1000U-A99 Sunon Fans | Fans, Thermal Management | DigiKey
  9. T

So I did some testing on my 6450 last night with the replacement sunon fans and something is amiss. The more I look at it, I think these might be knock-offs.. they make a sound almost like old hard drive would. Comparing the one I am holding to a used one I found on ebay, the ones that i...
  10. T

I got my icx6450-24p today, but my console cable won't be here until next week.. I take there is not really anything I can do until I get that? A fan mod is definitely in the pipe for this thing,, I think the fans may actually failing as they have more of a high pitch ring than I was expecting.
  11. T

Just scored an ICX6450-24p for $150 shipped on ebay. I'm excited to get it and play around with it.. it does seem to have the QR code sticker that I have seen mentioned here a few times: Brocade ICX6450-24P 24-Port Gigabit PoE Switch Tested Working | RNW3354DS-U | eBay
  12. T

Brocade ICX6450-24P vs Aruba S2500-24P for Homelab

Thanks for all the input here.. it sounds like the ICX6450 is the better choice. The tinkerer in me wonders if it's possible to design a circuit for fan control to convert the 4.5 -12v into a pwm duty cycle %.. thus allowing the use of the noctua 40mm x 20 fans.
  13. T

I've been looking at the 6450-48p's on ebay. How hard is it to get a license for the 4x 10gbE?
  14. T

I keep seeing that some functionality on those is tied to licenses?
  15. T

2 would do it.. 1 for my file server and 1 for my main desktop