Recent content by Todd F

1. T

Which used power controller should I be thinking about?

An option that I stumbled upon was ServerTech CDUs. I have one that's essentially the same features as the APC listed in the 2nd post, but it was ~$40. I have a CW-8H1-C20 that I'm happy with. Network monitoring, flash upgradable, aggregate power monitoring, power sequencing, individual outlet...
  2. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

You need the RPM signal. fohdeesha's reply that the 7250 will boot without RPM signals doesn't seem to work on mine. IIRC, I'm on 0.8.0.60 so maybe if I was on 80 that would be the case. On mine, it boots all the way through then issues a warning and reboots the switch.
  3. T

Good timing for this part of the thread. I recently received a ICX7250. I ordered 2x Noctua A4x20-FLX. At boot, these spun up no problem, but once the system was booted, the fans would come to a stop and the system would reboot due to both failed fans. These run very quiet at 12V so just running...
  4. T

First off, I'd like to thank all those traveling this road before me. Lots of useful information. Additionally, shout out to Fohdeesha for the amazing resource and help. I wanted to add some information about getting the console to work on an ICX7250. I did not own a 'Cisco console cable', e.g...