Recent content by tjk

1. tjk

Ryzen AM5 boards with IPMI

ASRock, Supermicro, ASUS will all have bare bones servers for the AM5 platform, probably Q1.
  2. tjk

EXPIRED HGST 8TB SAS - $50

I got 20 of these, half came formatted for 512b and half 4k. My Cisco M4 Controller won't work with the 512b formatted drives, it reports them as bad and won't let me do anything with them
  3. tjk

Fujitsu D2755-A11 (intel x520-da2) 10GB SFP+ NICs - $30ish

All gone, for now.
  4. tjk

Fujitsu D2755-A11 (intel x520-da2) 10GB SFP+ NICs - $30ish

Nice find! I need to get some full profile brackets for em now.
  5. tjk

Asus vs Gigabyte Epyc Servers

Ditto, I'm a Dell and maybe SMC user for our server stuff. Have had OK luck with a ~100 or so the ASrockrack AM4 systems (although support is pretty bad), wanted to check out some other 2nd tier vendors. I know @Patrick has done a number of reviews on the GB servers, so looking for feedback...
  6. tjk

Asus vs Gigabyte Epyc Servers

Hey All, Looking at single socket EPYC builds and have been looking at the following systems: Gigabyte R162-ZA2 Asus RS500A-E11-RS12U Needs are AMD 7443P Prox, 256G Ram 3200 and 8 to 10 U2 NVME Drives. Just curious if anyone has any experience on either of these systems or a better...
  7. tjk

esxi 8.x ???

vCenter beta out yet?
  8. tjk

NUC Like Server?

I haven't, the problem is two fold. I need to have maas being able to use ipmi to reboot a node to provision, and 2nd is these will be deployed in many geo locations, and need ipmi for OOB access when/if needed. Appreciate all the feedback so far folks!
  9. tjk

NUC Like Server?

1U would work, the easy option is to buy more ASrockrack 1U ryzens, but something like the HX90 is about half the cost of the equiv ASR 1U build.
  10. tjk

NUC Like Server?

Yea, they are building the AX101 Ryzen in an open case with ASUS motherboards, I have a number of these running already. The HX90 works for us, but I'd like to get 10G and having IPMI/OOB for MAAS provisioning would also be a nice-to-have. I have a large number of the ASRockrack Ryzen servers...
  11. tjk

NUC Like Server?

Hey Folks, I've been testing a few of the https://store.minisforum.com/products/hx90 for a purpose built application I am working on, but it is missing two things: 1. IPMI/OOB Port 2. 10G Interface I'd like to find something pre-built if I can, but also happy to build my own if I have to...
  12. tjk

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Anyone build a rackmont system yet for the X13SAE-F?
  13. tjk

I have fallen in love with MooseFS

I've tested the Quobyte distributed FS too, which is based on XtreemFS, distributed metadata servers, tiering, etc. A bit buggy on the setup, but awesome SDS for sure, but not cheap.
  14. tjk

I have fallen in love with MooseFS

Nice! Do they have clients for the servers that want to access files or will it work with native nfs clients?
  15. tjk

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

I haven't seen anything on how deep the buffers are on Miktorik switches when they mix 1/10/25/100G interfaces. Anyone know? This matters on a busy switch for sure.