Recent content by tjk

1. tjk

Best software defined storage for NVMe - low latency

Scaleout is using GlusterFS, good luck with high performance with that.
  2. tjk

10 GBE Router

TNSR BMI is free for home and lab use, fyi. https://www.netgate.com/tnsr-software/how-to-buy
  3. tjk

10 GBE Router

https://www.netgate.com/tnsr
  4. tjk

Dude where's the Dell Story?

TLDR - AMI "confirmed" it was a spelling mistake on their part....
  5. tjk

Does anyone still use XenServer? And is it any good?

Put your time and effort into KVM, I personally think Xen is on life support. I think even Citrix agree's with that.
  6. tjk

Megatrands....

Wow Dell and/or AMI file a take down already? :D
  7. tjk

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

If you were putting new switches in production, which ver would you run? All layer2/vlan functionality, no IP services.
  8. tjk

Proxmox 7.1 released

Hey @Patrick - lots of discussions at Proxmox VE 7.1 released! | Proxmox Support Forum about it, has to do with a kernel "bug" with io_uring, they are working on a patch for a new kernel release is my take away from that thread and one of the devs Proxmox VE 7.1 released! | Page 4 | Proxmox...
  9. tjk

Proxmox 7.1 released

Lots of disk issues, they are working on a kernel fix, I'd hold off upgrading for now.
  10. tjk

Any recommendations for alternatives to the ICX7750-48F's? I am using these as TOR's, but they are now very hard to find on the used market. Not sure what Arista model would be the equiv that can still run latest code? Don't need any layer3 features, all layer2 use case, trunking, vlans, etc...
  11. tjk

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

I've got a bunch getting ready for production, running EOS-4.27.0F.swi. So far no problems, but haven't put them live yet.
  12. tjk

Ultimate Home Data Center

Fully out of Cali or you keep a place there?
  13. tjk

TrueNAS Scale RC1 Launched A Big Milestone

So, to configure gluster/scale out you need to do that via TrueCommand, you cannot do that directly via the Truenas interface. Also, there is a bug when you try and configure it via TrueCommand right now, it gives you an error: "'IPv4Address' object is not iterable".
  14. tjk

TrueNAS Scale RC1 Launched A Big Milestone

The scale out file aspect is most interesting, for me anyhow. I just wonder how the performance will be with Gluster (which isn't the fastest FS in the world), sitting on top of ZFS. Have to wait and see I guess.
  15. tjk

What variant of Arista would you recommend over the 7750-48F, that is current and can run latest EOS?