Recent content by tiporaro

1. T

Quanta LB4M 48xGbE 2x SFP+ & 10Gb Optics $173USD

Edit: just realized there's a substantial thread on this, so nvmd on questions
  2. T

Can C6100 take SD card to setup FreeNAS

Am I reading it wrong, or isn't the mSATA pcie adapter there full height? I remember looking for these a while back and being disappointed, but if they come in a low profile that'll fit the 6100s that'd be awesome.
  3. T

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

If I read you right, you're trying to connect all 12 drives directly from the backplane to both 1) the 6 SATA ports on the MB and 2) the M1015. Can I ask why you wouldn't want to use the interposer setup for the standard 6 SATA ports and then be able to use the stock dell 6 SATA bundle that you...
  4. T

Taming the C6100

Makes sense, that was an alternative explanation I was considering but hadn't gotten around to testing yet, but nice to know that the temps aren't completely out of sorts. If I can pick your help for one other thing while you're around, reading through these threads I know you started with the...
  5. T

Taming the C6100

Thanks for the exceptionally quick reply - you were in fact exactly right. A SAS breakout cable had inadvertently got tucked in the main open channel towards the back socket - what I get for working on it in my excitement late last night. A quick rerun of the cabling has them idling at 49 and...
  6. T

Taming the C6100

So, I've been following these threads for some time now and finally took the plunge - happily got my C6100 in yesterday. I was contemplating jumping into a fan mod as it can easily get loud enough to hear throughout the house from the basement, but was caught off-guard early on with the cpu...