Recent content by tinfoil3d

1. T

FS: US- Beauty and the Beast $25K

An obvious question: the CPUs are dell-locked?
  2. T

2万5千米ドルじゃないの
  3. T

Don't talk of supply issues please :oops: So sad Don't get me wrong, 25 isn't a bad offer for this class of server, but you may want to post this on other forums and maybe later on on bay.
  4. T

Hori kurappu. :cool: This is more like a toy for that kind special class of people who drive luxury cars that can go 1000000 km/h but end up only following the traffic rules specifying max speed 120 or so. I would humbly assume many if not most people here will have trouble loading that machine...
  5. T

Patrick's 2021 Fiber Build-out

While looking for multifiber cables from HPE, stumbled upon these results: HPE 24 Fiber MTP SM 40m Cable - R1N85A | eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/324790161969 The price seems too good to be true, besides I cannot find any hpe links for these, are they even legit hpe products? They cannot be...
  6. T

Anyone used simplex 100GbE QSFP28 here?

Really? I was sure they exist. if you google qsfp28 simplex 100 a few results pop up, like this one: FLEXOPTIX 100G QSFP28 BIDI CWDM4 with Dual CDR 2 km, LC-Simplex APC, Singlemode
  7. T

Anyone used simplex 100GbE QSFP28 here?

I'm rather new to this field, and was just thinking the other day what can possibly be done with just a single fiber. While standard duplex LC is nothing new in QSFP28, simplex are quire rare to come by. Anyone has experience with those? What manufacturer?
  8. T

Well I certainly won't buy their switches. I mean that price speaks for itself lol. I have boxes of their sfp/+ modules i wonder when would they fail. So far so good but only been half a year. I also use ubiquiti and mikrotik modules too. FS ones have compatibility issues whereas ui and mt have...
  9. T

Man I thought fs is unbeatable in terms of transcievers. They're good for home use, I don't want to spend hundreds of bucks for brand transciever that will less likely fail if I can just swap the thing with another one from my spare box. I didnt' know about cables.
  10. T

Deals/FS/WTB new members should not be able to post new threads

That doesn't end up in your mailbox though. I monitor those forums for deals.
  11. T

It's simple, registered today, zero messages. First message is a spam. These are just bots that register and post instantly. It's easy to block them.
  12. T

Fiber Optic Networking Guide SC or LC Connector

Multistrand MPO, and breakout cables are an important topic to cover IMO.
  13. T

New members should only be able to post in offtopic and ask questions. Many people here have email alerts on those two subforums watching the deals. I think when i posted my first it went to moderation approval, yet it wasn't even in deals/wtb forums just a question. I may be wrong though idr...
  14. T

PoE IP camera that works without "clouds" recommendation

Thank you for suggestions guys, will look into that. Thanks @PigLover for the tips. I knew hik has lot of security hiccups, but who doesn't. IoT says it all. Good news is it's gonna be on private airgapped or somewhat secured vpn so obviously they won't get hacked or won't be able to call home.