Recent content by Timmerdanny

1. T

S2D slow write (no parity & NVMe cache)

Are you using RoCE RDMA or iWARP RDMA? The RoCE requires the DCB and QoS to operate sucessfully. We are switching the network cards from Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro to Chelsio T580-LP-CR because of the QoS settings on RoCE.
  2. T

Not yet, I opened two cases with Microsoft to see if another support engineer might know a solution. The strange thing is that the disks locally without S2D clustering, works perfect. I did some testing with diskspd and tested the random read/write performance with PM1725 locally and the results...
  3. T

We openened a support ticket with Microsoft to investigate the issue. We switched from Failover NIC team to a SET switch and have RoCE configured properly now. However the writes are still horrible slow. If you do a test locally the drives are doing perfect. I tried to set the IsPOwerProtected...
  4. T

I'm having the same issue with Samsung PM1725b SSD drives as cache in a S2D cluster. The S2D is setup as three way mirror and in total I have three cluster members with 8x SAS drives and 2x Samsung PM1725b each node. I ran the command Get-PhysicalDisk |? FriendlyName -Like "*" |...
  5. T

S2D poor cache performance

I tried that command but the parameter was already set as PLP. The Samsung P1725 supports PLP so it should automaticly detect the right settings. I benchmarked all my NVMe SSD's in the cluster, below you see a screenshot of one of the Cluster nodes performaning a disk benchmark on a local NVMe...
  6. T

How to get firmware from Oracle

I tried the steps you provided, on the reset it is giving the following error: "Error: requesting reset on non-controller handle"
  7. T

I ran some more benchmarks with crystal disk mark. Inside the S2D storage pool VM running Windows Server 2019: After the CrystalDiskMark I ran another fio benchmark, the results are still slow there.
  8. T

I deployed a 3 node S2D cluster to run VM's in the failover cluster. I made the cluster with the following hardware configuration. Each node has the same configuration. Dell PowerEdge R740xd 1x Xeon Gold 6152 22 Cores 386GB DDR-4 RAM 8x 1.2TB Seagate ST1200mm007 1.2TB SAS HDD 2x PM1725 3.2TB...