Recent content by tillburn

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yes that was a typo, I did mean to say both switches (ICX boxes).
  2. T

I am reading up on spanning tree and rapid spanning tree, is there any primer you recommend? I feel like I am having some congestion on the network, specifically on the vlan carrying the cable modem as after about 6 hours the download speeds seems to be very slow, but if I reset both routers and...
  3. T

None at all thank you for your help! I do need to plan out the rest of the network conversion phase, mostly around taking the network more vertical with the vlans, using the proxmox to host the vm's/services and using pfsense or something else to handle all the intervlan routing. I think I can...
  4. T

I did try and set up the 6610 like I did the 7250, but lag 1 was not an option on the 6610. Maybe someone else has some input and knowledge they want to drop ;)
  5. T

I attached the configs for both if there is a more convenient way to post the configs I am happy to do that too, let me know. Let me know how I can improve my config please and thank you for helping!
  6. T

I am no expert lol, so take this with a grain of mega salt... A sanity check would be to make sure if using windows that the firewall isn't blocking your tftp server application. command would be: copy tftp flash IPHERE grz10100.bin bootrom (boot works too) Can you sh ver , sh firmware ver...
  7. T

When I enter conf t on the 7250 and enter "interface ?" I get a list of ethernet, group-ve, lag, loopback, management, tunnel, ve. When I enter conf t on the 6610 the interface ? doesn't show "lag". Would assuming that adding dual-mode to the interface eth 1/3/1 after tagging the vlans is the...
  8. T

Ok, I figured out where I was going wrong on the connection between the switches at least. I connected the switches using a dynamic lag (LACP) but I didn't know that I had to set a primary port and then "trunk deploy" command on the 6610 as it has older firmware. So now both switches see each...
  9. T

I need some config advice. I have a 7250 flashed, licensed, racked up with UPS + cable modem, POE wifi AP + home office all wired up working fine. I have a 6610 flashed, licensed, racked up with UPS + NAS, Disk shelf, Hypervisor machines, misc servers, Starlink and POE wifi AP in the shop...
  10. T

Starlink beta

Hey Trophy, The ufo on a stick assigns the IP's. The wifi router which is powered by poe is just a wifi router. What is your router situation? Something like OpnSense can do multi-wan pretty easy. If you want to serve ip to your own router setup, you do that from the power brick. Just make...
  11. T

Help! :) Quanta D51B-2U fan control via BMC / IPMI2.0 commands?

My understanding is a power cycle (aka unplugging or unseating) of the power supplies will refresh the bmc placing them back into their auto mode. But I have no idea how to reset them while in play.
  12. T

Starlink beta

I will keep this photo album open for starlink related things: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5xo8bdYxS9qhwZEd8
  13. T

Starlink beta

Took forever to run the very thick outdoor rated Cat-X (cat6 quad shield? or ??) cable, it has 3/4 inch diameter (1.5 inches long) ferrite choke about 6 inches from the RJ45 plug... So you have to drill a 7/8" hole to pass it through and if you want it to move through a conduit, it will take...
  14. T

Starlink beta

Fedex made it's delivery. Now I need to fight the 5 inches of snow we got to install it on the J mast on the roof... I am certainly going to tie off and make sure my ladder is firmly planted in the ground. And ofc it's Friday the 13th lol.
  15. T

Starlink beta

Yes I am in the PNW, specifically Eastern WA. They are only inviting those around the 46 degree mark. So about a band middle of WA through MT, then it shrinks in size for the Dakotas. I believe its because a lot of sats are still positioning themselves for shell 1. My understanding is US/CAN...