Recent content by ThinkPadMan

1. T

EXPIRED Mellanox InfiniBand SX6018 - Switch - EMC only - $300 OBO

Yea, I used to always like things to be just right, like had the mentality of I need to get these lights green, and had it for this mod. But then I had to check my mentality. I realized I would be spending so much time fusing with these fans, rather than accomplishing what I wanted to do with...
  2. T

Emulex LPE12002 2-Port SFP - USED

UPDATED PRICING! Looking for them to find a good home rather then recycling, they have the transceivers, willing to sell for $10 the whole lot plus shipping. Located in Connecticut USA, prefer to do USPS priority.
  3. T

PS - Just to clarify. I never actually tried routing the 4 clipped PWM wires to a ground, that was my next thought of what I may be able to do to solve the red light/alarm problem. I gave up / said forget it I can live with the red light, before even attempting that, once realizing all was...
  4. T

I went with the 4 pin Noctua's. First attempt everything worked fine. Then after reboot, I noticed the oscillating sound that a previous poster described, it was very quiet but it was a very subtle annoyance, they would hum slightly louder and slightly lower, and the frequency of the...
  5. T

Asking price reduced to $50 plus shipping. Feel free to make offer if have any interest.
  6. T

If anyone has any interest in these cards feel free to make an offer. I prefer they find a good home.
  7. T

I have 9 of these used Emulex FC cards with the transceivers, looking for them to find a good home rather then recycling, will to sell for $10 the whole lot plus shipping. Located in Connecticut, USA, prefer to ship USPS Priority. Paypal payment. If you are interested feel free to PM me...
  8. T

I have taken it apart again. Overall it did work, but the amount of wiring with all the splicing took up lots of room and blocked airflow. Also I did start to hear the oscillations that were referenced earlier on the PWM comment. Re-opening everything back up, will take photos and probably...
  9. T

Posting back, I used Noctua PWM fans, NF-A4x20. It's blowing air, switch status light went green after bootup. No longer hear the jet engine full throttle and back down reving up and down cycling sound. PSU still needs to be done, that's the loud noise maker at the moment.
  10. T

@gb00s Thanks. Yea the Noctura side I think I have figured out: Order from right to left if looking at the plug Black - Ground Yellow - +12V Green - RPM Blue - PWM Which as you said matches @necr It's trying to then match up the noctura to the pins on the board of the SX6036 I'm having...
  11. T

I have SX6036 4 fans in the middle, 1 power supply fan
  12. T

I found that 4-pin 1.25mm JST SH5 pigtails fit fine. I'm trying to match up the pinouts. I have stock fans with same color scheme as kaz Red, White, Blue, Black. Trying to figure out which wire is which. I have Noctua PWM fans with the Black, Yellow, Green, Blue leads.