Recent content by thigobr

1. T

802.11be the cheap way.... <$40

I see... it looks like one can get more ap focused devices as this one have you seen this chip set QCN-9274?
  2. T

500 MHz Socket 7 NAS - How far can it go?

Running the SATA card and the NIC on the same PCI bus will hurt performance... I wonder if something super exotic as an AGP to PCI adapter would improve performance to closer to 100MB/s as the AGP runs on a separated bus.
  3. T

ASRock Rack AM5D4ID-2T BCM Review An Awesome AMD Ryzen Server Motherboard

Very interesting board that is actually "chipset-less" if you can call that! With no B650/X670 to power I would love to know more about idle power consumption for this solution
  4. T

Nice, thanks for the update! Regarding stability did you do any quick range testing compared to the older Intel card?
  5. T

Mellanox connect X3 vs Connect X4

What about ASPM support?
  6. T

I saw your post over on the anandtech forum. Looking forward to see your experience! I am planning a wifi upgrade for next year so this is another option to explore given the crazy prices for newer APs.
  7. T

Teamgroup NVMe SSD High Idle Power Draw

PCIE ASPM might be disable for the drive (try lspci -vvv to check) which can forbid the CPU to enter the most deep power saving C6 state
  8. T

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

The pcie switch should be transparent to smart/trim/etc. I am curious though if these PLX switches support ASPM? Anybody checked?
  9. T

Consumer PCIe Gen4 M.2 vs Enterprise U.2

Anybody knows if those U2 nvme drives usually support ASPM?
  10. T

Removing DIMMs from slots with only one clasp / retention clip

It's funny Asus lists this "feature" as a good thing... I really dislike these DIMM slots
  11. T

ConnectX3 PCIe ASPM power saving mode - unable to enable?

My server is using an IBM ConnectX3 and it behaves the same way. The Exit Latency being listed as *unlimited* is a good tip as to why ASPM is not working with these cards... If it's unlimited that would mean the device cannot come back from the lower power state.
  12. T

ASRock Rack BMC Fan Control?

I have a server running with the Asrock X470D4U... What's the minimum duty cycler for these fan headers? It looks like the minimum possible duty cycle is 30%. I wish I could set lower in idle...
  13. T

And so it begins... First AMD Ryzen AM4 server motherboard.

Sorry, I should have mentioned it's a vanilla X470D4U, so all CPU lanes are connected to the main slots. This PCI5 should take the 4x lanes usually allocated to a M2 slot on most of regular AM4 boards. That's why my surprise. Yes, the 5750G has the same number of PCIE lanes as the regular...
  14. T

And so it begins... First AMD Ryzen AM4 server motherboard.

I recently added a Hynix P31 NVME drive to the system through a m2->pcie adapter and plugged the drive into slot5 which supposedly is connected to the CPU over 4x PCIE lanes. But I saw the drive would only negotiate at 2x as listed by lspci and confirmed by benchmark numbers. I suspected the...
  15. T

Correct way of using NIC Virtual Function

I did not try yet... But is this the proper setup? I will test soon