Recent content by thepsyborg

1. T

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Plug it into your portable jumpstart and plug that into your automotive power?
  2. T

The gallium in liquid metal will migrate slightly into the copper, permanently staining it. However, this has no impact on thermal performance and does not compromise the integrity of the copper IHS and/or heatsink. It also doesn't continue indefinitely- the copper will absorb gallium to a...
  3. T

1.25 (DuPont or JST) 4-pin female, but
  4. T

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

That is so, so, so weird. Anyway. Great post. Impressive sleuthing. Does it start up properly on reboot or do you have to go through the press-the-small-black-button-program-unplug-replug dance again?
  5. T

PCIe is usually backwards-compatible- virtually always, where generation is concerned; it wanting Gen 2 instead of 3 isn't an issue. It wanting x2 lanes rather than x1 is an issue if you specifically wanted to run the dual TPU version; I'd just slap in one of the single TPU Corals (M-key /...
  6. T

PXE/iPXE booting the N100/N305 Topton and CWWK mini PCs?

Holy moly, that's...a hefty performance impact. I mean, good of them to get it working at all, but. Yikes.
  7. T

The 2- and 4-slot M.2 NVME breakout boards are exclusive to the 4-NIC version, if more, slower storage is something you care about having the option for.
  8. T

The Latest N100&I3-N305 NAS BOARD

With all the love that "traditional" NAS boards have been getting at the hobbyist/homelab level, I'm really hoping Ceph clustering will get some love soon. The R86S dual NVME option with an M.2-to-SATA adapter in one and an M.2-to-10GbE in the other is probably as close to the ideal solution...
  9. T

Some incorrect links @Patrick Mod Edit: Got it.
  10. T

NEW! Topton 10Gb 2xSFP+ 4x2.5Gb i5-1240P

Granted virtualizing firewalls is rather a contentious subject, but the idea that immediately springs to my mind is to pin the firewall VM to the P-cores (and passthrough the NICs, obviously) and run whatever else you want on the E-cores. Might need an expensive amount of RAM, though, depending...
  11. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Eew, cloud managed, yuck. I stand corrected.
  12. T

Topton i3 N305 device

I can't claim personal experience, but in theory either of those should be more than sufficient to route 2.5Gbe at wire speed with anything short of Deep Packet Inspection (and maybe even that too if you're not also running a really complex firewall ruleset).
  13. T

HP 800 G6 BIOS password reset

You can't and HP won't. Why would they when they can rip you off for a new mobo? And thus the enshittification of the universe proceeds apace. That said, if you do figure it out, by all means post it here and let us know how you managed it.
  14. T

Anyone who'd mess with either of those has no soul.
  15. T

If you don't care about managed the TEROW (4x2.5Gbe PoE+, 2x10Gbe SFP, $59.49 with current coupon) is the cheapest thing I was able to find. If you need managed, I don't think it currently gets cheaper than this one from the 2.5g switch roundup (currently $185). You might be able to bodge...