Recent content by TheDarkCorner

1. T

DIY TrueNAS build - Power consumption and performance for old socket 1151 systems?

That is good to hear! Do you maybe have a clue about power draw in idle that i can expect?
  2. T

DIY TrueNAS build - Power consumption and performance for old socket 1151 systems?

Would you be so kind to specify what idle loads you get? If you know?
  3. T

Hi! I am currently on an extremely tight budget, and have found a bundle on Ebay Germany of a Supermicro X9SCM & 16GB DDR3 ECC RAM & Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 plus heatsink for only 54€! I do have an unused spare rackmount case, so this would be a super deal on the surface, especially for server...
  4. T

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Okay this is pretty damn sad. The company that forked it (bought it?) has only done some minimal work on the current release, and it seems all the goodies of the not released 1.0 version will never see the light of day. It was sooo promising! Thanks anyway for the amazing work, it was good...
  5. T

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Just came to say that you are hero! Without your work, i would not have dared to go all in on ZFS for my home servers! I now use Ubuntu + Virt-Manager + Cockpit + Docker/Podman; With this easy setup even someone like me can combine storage + VMs + Docker + Samba all on one single host! Been...