Recent content by ThatFreenas88Guy

1. T

Building a Vmware compatible server. Do I need to follow their "hardware compatibility" list exactly?

What are people migrating too? I would prefer proxmox but passthrough stability from what I hear is not good. Also the GPU-P of hyperv is a big bonus for me.
  2. T

Building a Vmware compatible server. Do I need to follow their "hardware compatibility" list exactly?

Im building a Vmware compatible server. Do I need to follow their "hardware compatibility" list exactly? I see that there are very very few motherboards listed that are compatible with the latest 8.0+ version. And even fewer in a normal mb format/size. The whole point of using vmware is max...
  3. T

Paying for someone to change the fans in my 1u PSUs

I would LOVE to do this but I am thinking the PSU is a non-standard one. The model is: Emacs mtw 5820v, 820w
  4. T

Liability? If it's something you have done before I dont see how it could be that much of a risk.
  5. T

I have a Chenbro NR40700. The one listed here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/chenbro-cleversafe-slicestor-1440-48-bay-sas-rebuild-for-home-use.12522/ Instead of modifying the chassis, my idea is to swap out the PSU fans for a quieter model. Can anyone here do this for me? I...
  6. T

Problem with Chenbro NR40700 (Red led from chassis and backplane)

I recently purchased a brand new NR40700 from ebay, along with a used NR40700 with the motherboard and drive caddies included. I took the motherboard, HBA and drive caddies out of the used system and put them into the new chassis. The system boots, but the red "warning light" is solid on the...