Recent content by tessierp

1. T

ASRock Rack X570D4U

@netswitch I have seen the picture of your X570D4U build with a very small fan. The requirement for a fan is a real bummer which is making me consider the X470D4U2-2T instead... Thanks for the details, much appreciated.
  2. T

ASRock Rack X570D4U

@Lyphiard Let me ask you this. I intend to put this motherboard in a 2U case. The possible candidates are iStarUSA D-214-MATX and Rosewill RSV-Z2600. Both have 2 fans in front of the motherboard (80mm). The CPU would be a 3900X with NH-L12S. If I go with the iStarUSA, I will get a 3 HDD hotswap...
  3. T

ASRock Rack X570D4U

I recently saw a video review of that board and all seemed good but the guy noticed the X570 chipset was idle and at 81 C!!! Did any of you who tried the board noticed that?
  4. T

ASRock Rack X570D4U

The motherboard is still very new and with the pandemic everything is a little slower. Give it time, I hope this works out. When it becomes available over here, I intend to get that to replace a ASRock B550M Steel Legend I had to get since it wasn't available in Canada yet. Let us know how...
  5. T

ASRock Rack X570D4U

I meant to say mATX sorry about that. Going Supermicro would be an option but then you're talking about a lot more money especially that AM4 CPUs are out of the question since Supermicro doesn't make any boards for them like you mentioned. Anyways, not a perfect board but then again what board...
  6. T

ASRock Rack X570D4U

This motherboard is meant for a mini server more than a workstation I think. It is a mini-ITX board after all so there is so much they can fit on it. If you need more ports, you can always buy some hubs to extend it. Depending on what you do, you can get a PCI-E USB card as well.
  7. T

ASRock Rack X570D4U

Amazing! When is this motherboard expected to be released? I was going to buy the X470D4U but this is much better now that they fixed the spacing issue.