Recent content by Tekgnome

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I believe just a switch. I followed the guide on setup and it seems to work just fine plugged into my att gateway
  2. T

Is anyone using opnsense with a 6610 I cannot for the life of me get it to work. From a client PC I can ping the firewall - no drop packets From the firewall I can't ping the client - 3/3 dropped packets From the firewall I can ping the switch but I only get 1/3 packets. My WAN and LAN have...
  3. T

The wheels are worth about $600 a pop secondhand, take seconds to remove, and would sell within hours I've seen plenty of Gulia posts on FB where someone wakes up to find their cars on blocks or just completely stolen.
  4. T

To be fair, I got stuck here as well. I had set up the tftp server and selected the 6610 folder directly. I got a TFTP error 1 indicating the file was missing or not found and realized what I did wrong. The guide is EXTREMELY helpful but it's not idiot-proof. Having never done this before its...
  5. T

Unfortunately it's a rental property. If they find a fiber line in the ground there's a good chance they will charge me the cost to dig it up. Per the rental agreement, I'm not supposed to make any changes to the property. I'll need to either dig it back up before I move or just snip the ends...
  6. T

Honestly that's not bad, when we go to close on a house assuming it has a detached garage I'll probably go that route. Since this is a rental, I'm probably going to use the tip of a shovel to make a line to the garage and burry a $70 amazon fiber cable a couple of inches below the ground...
  7. T

That Amazon switch is crazy cheap! I think I'll order that one next week. That will give me 3 ports for cams, and 1 for an Omada 670. One cam in the garage, one cam on the front pointing down my driveway and one cam on the back corner facing backwards. That leaves me with two sfp+ ports, one...
  8. T

Nah the cams don't need it. I just want 2.5g for the access point. I've also got a touch screen wall mounted computer that I use for my transmission and engine diagrams and wouldn't mind 2.5g there as well.
  9. T

Looks like another good option! Right now I'd love to find a 4+ 2.5g PoE+ switch with a 10g sfp+ port for around the $100 mark. I'd like to run fiber to my detached garage and throw up some PoE cams there. 2.5g would be nice so I could throw up an Omada Access Point out there.
  10. T

Sounds interesting, are there any threads on here testing them?
  11. T

Oh those ICX7150-48ZP look great, I can't wait for 10 years to pass so I can pick one up for $130 on eBay
  12. T

That's interesting, I was under the impression that the Rev B and C were quieter. While definitely audible I wouldn't consider my switch loud. I'm in the process of installing a cabinet and once it's enclosed it will probably be completely silent. Currently mine is in an open air network rack...
  13. T

I'm running PoE on 6 ports. I have a Omada Access Point, a reolink doorbell and 4 turret cams. I'll probably expand that to 8 turret cams by December, I plan to get a Poe splitter to power my security system as well as a second AP to run in my garage. So 6 right now and I'll end up with around...
  14. T

What rev power supplies do you have? From my understanding rev A units are louder than rev B and C. I'm not at my switch right now but I can check mine later. From my experience with mine I can tell you that aside from my passively cooled mikrotik it's the quietest piece of networking...