Recent content by Technrd

1. T

Microsoft Multipath storage timeout values

Hi I have a weird issue with Windows multipath storage. When I lose a path, all IO will pause for up to a 60 seconds before resuming. Anyone found a way to remove this pause?
  2. T

CPU cooler for Dell T630

So I bought a Dell T630 that came with a single E5-2640V3. I now have the possibility to get my hands on two E5-2680V4's. Now, the E5-2640V3 are a 90W TDP part and the new ones are 120W TDP so I am pretty sure that the heat sink I have is inadequate as it looks like the 105W TDP one. I know...
  3. T

Switch for S2D

I don't think I need the Ethernet license for S2D so I might just skip that unless I'm forced to use it for the ROCE protocol. And if I need the license I will look into generating it with ltrace Regarding the noise, its going to be mounted with 4 HP DL360 G8's and a DL380 G8 so I don't...
  4. T

Switch for S2D

Hi I am looking at a cheap mellanox MSX6036F-1SFS(not the Dell one) that I want to use in my lab setup for Storage spaces direct. Are there anything I should be aware about? As far as I have been able to find the Ethernet license should be free when using the last Firmware. I will be using...