Recent content by tconrado

1. T

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

I would like to have you guys inputs to choose 4 x Supermicro CSE-819TQ-R700WB X9DRW-7TPF+ or 1 x x10qbi? assuming that there is no need to have 4 x cpu together (we run multiple vms) why? also I would love considerations on power usage;
  2. T

tks for sharing! I was about to learn in the hard way too!! Indeed I was a bit confused because 2SPC thing! but it became crystal clear after your mention! never crossed my mind that this was a generic table (2 SPC does not apply to x10qbi)
  3. T

I have a question, using 32Gb QRx4 DDR3 and E7-8895v2 what is the maximum RAM that those motherboards fit? I was not able to sure about the meaning of the table bellow...
  4. T

Well, this is not something that the datacenter can do for us! lol I got in touch with Supermicro about this, and kept blaming the v3 cpu; we did downgrade to v2, no lucky than we requested RMA... took forever, a bunch spent on remote hands, but we got it done... right now we are running some...
  5. T

BTW, I think I spent too much on my CPUs 8890v4; those are a beast, but IOP are the bottlec and it fit "only 7 pci-e buffer drives" It is working well, I can do some stats if anyone get interest... 4 x 8890v3; 1TB of RAM DDR3; 4 memboards, so yes, this is a board that u can save on RAM and go...
  6. T

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I did solve the exactly way, tried even Supermicro that made me buy v2 CPU, hence, v2/v3/v4 cpus... all fail... we did swap the motherboard and it work. One of hte things I did request for the DC guys was to check for grounding points that will explain this result very...
  7. T

no, not a single hint from IPMI...
  8. T

I guess I'm too hard on the stress testing so, on the good server, v3, and v4 work fine... on the bad server, v3 give one error, v4 give another error both P1M1-VSME it does start with half of memboards (and because of htat I think it chipset relate), but get unstable
  9. T

DNA folding? I have a Genetics PhD and I'm running masternodes for crypto on those machines!!! I do envy u!!! 8890v3 are really hot, never saw something like this (the 8890v4 do not this -- more cores, running cooler ) So we did 4 test expressive tests: a) removed all the pci-e b) move all...
  10. T

could you please confirm that you got the 8880v3 working?
  11. T

@jpk the funny thing is that when it does boot, I get the very same training error in the very same C1slot... we did that, full swap of memboards (from the working server to the bad one)... and we still getting the same error, so it is safe to assume that this not memory or board related...
  12. T

Hey guys, we are building the 2nd x10qbi; the 1st is running with 4 x 8890v4 + 1TB of LRDIMM Samsung 1333MHz (32 x 32GB) + 24 3TB SAS 7200 + 5 pci-e nvme and is fine. The second we tried 4 x 8890 v3 and we got this VMSE DC detect failure... also, sometimes we can get termal trips on...
  13. T

if, in the future u need more CPU, my recommendation would be to sell you pair of 8890v3 and buy 4 x 8880v3, you can get a set of 4 for something around $300 (at US), and that should be the same resell value of yours... you have 4 cpu slot server, make good use of it... I'm guessing in here, but...
  14. T

while doing this things, we pay an extra fee so the send with our processor... I do recommend LinuxSurplus... also, you can pay $30 that they do install OS and do a fair stability testing
  15. T

yeah.. at least they should swap the 2nd mem board for cpu 4 by 1st for cpu 3, so, you can guarantee the middle clear for 2 gigantic GPU lol, so maybe 4 large GPU...