Recent content by syscomau

1. S

FS: Supermicro F617R2-RT+ used (Aus)

Hi All, I'm selling my Supermicro 617R2-RT+ with 8 nodes. Price: $6,280 (AUD) Details below: https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4U/F617/SYS-F617R2-RT_.cfm?parts=SHOW 6 Nodes have Dual E5-2680 2.7GHz 8 Core CPU, 128GB RAM, 1 x 250GB HDD and 4 x 600GB HDD, Infiniband Dual 40be, Intel...
  2. S

Intel VCA Card Under $800

Hey Patrick, Did you end up running Kubernetes or anything on the VCA?
  3. S

Sun Infiniband 36 Gateway Switch

So I have finally got into the Switch. Below is a walk through for anyone who needs to know how I did it. 1) Build a RS 232 to USB null modem cable. I used a USB to RS 232 cable, RS 232 F-F adapter, breadboard and part of a Cisco Serial cable to create the null modem cable Follow the Loopback...
  4. S

last attempt with "ilom-admin" was incorrect password. Ok, I wonder if there is another doc for recovering if the password is forgotten. thanks for your help so far. Getting past the login is the hard part atm. Do you know if there is a lockout for too many incorrect password attempts?
  5. S

I've managed to get access to the serial output and can see a pre-boot environment prompt. I've tried the default passwords there. I'm thinking there might be a key combo or something like that to get a mode to reset the password. I did some more digging and found that a Oracle doc 1377922.1 has...
  6. S

thanks! We tried the default login for the ilom via the web and ssh and tried a few others like admin/admin etc. Is there a why to interface with the console via the 10 pin header that's inside the case?
  7. S

Hey All, We recently purchased a second hand Sun Datacentre Infiniband Gateway Switch from an old Sun Exascale 3X-2 system. We are trying to reset the credentials on the switche as they weren't done before purchase. We have seen a few threads on the forums with people asking the same thing...