Recent content by Synthetickiller

1. S

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

New to the forum. I ordered the n100 version of the CWWK router (shipped from China directly, but bought through amazon). Neither OPNsense or PFsense see the wan. My currently deployed i5 3570k pfsense rig sees my router/wan, so it's not a cable issue. Are the i226-v nics still flaky despite...
  2. S

Hitachi Deskstar 3 TB $107 Amazon

Newegg also has the 3tb external hitachi for $120. Like I said, its a 7200RPM drive. IMO, it's worth an extra $10.
  3. S

Help with Napp-it ZFS set up

I noticed an issue w/ hardware passthrough and started from scratch. All the devices now show up. I have no idea why this happened. Only starting from scratch worked. As for having issues with getting it to work, well, I'm not going to let anyone discourage me from learning. I know that I...
  4. S

I'm not asking for a walkthrough concerning how to install ESXi, OpenIndiana, Napp-it. I'm passed that. These walkthroughs are not at all user friendly for people who are not familiar with linux, such as myself. They leave out important steps about how to make drives visable to Napp-it. This...
  5. S

Warning: My experience with linux is less than nothing! Please be kind. After fighting with ESXi and OpenIdiana 148, I finally got everything installed. I now need to configure my ZFS pool in Napp-it. I have no idea where to begin. I cannot find a walkthrough or guide for how to add drives or...
  6. S

Hitachi Deskstar 3 TB $107 Amazon

Slickdeals killed it. That's the slickdeal effect for you. I picked up 3 3TB external hitachis for $400 shipped ($120 w/ coupon, other two were $150). They are all 7200 RPM drives. I don't mind paying a bit more for the speed.
  7. S

Xeon E3 1270 & Asus P8B-M C204 LGA 1155 motherboard

I really need an HBA for a ZFS set up. LSI 9211-8i is ideal, but anything that is known to work is fine. Edit: I just bought one as I can't wait around.
  8. S

I am also up for trades! I want to get rid of this stuff ASAP!
  9. S

Sadly, I have to part with these guys because they don't support 16gb RDimms. Xeon E3 1270: This is basically an i7 2600 non-K cpu that is 80w instead of 95. Runs very cool, super fast and makes for a very speedy server. These go for $340 new. Let's start with $300 shipped & insured...
  10. S

16gb Dimms

I have two HP braned 16gb Dimms. 1066 Cas 7. P/N 593915-s1 One has been opened, placed in a board and later found not to be supported. The other is unopened. These only work in HP servers. I cannot return these, so I have to get rid of them. These usually go for $700+ new. Looking for...
  11. S

WTB: Sandy Bridge Server Combo *OR* maybe Socket 1156 (Xeon, ECC RAM)

Not sure if you already bought a set up, but check your in box.
  12. S

Boards that support 16gb dimms?

Well, I found out that my ideal xeon set up won't work. Only 8gb dimms for 1155 as of right now. Are C32/34 the only sockets that support 16gb dimms?:confused:
  13. S

Supermicro X9SCM/X9SCL LGA-1155 Xeon Motherboard Series

A-data was the first to bring it to PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211564 $400 now (outrageous). Was $329.00 before it sold out (still stupidly high).
  14. S

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

Well, I've hit a massive roadblock. I bought 4x16gb RDimms for my board. Doesn't work. I have 3x4gb dimms on the way (got a deal on them). I really can justify using 64gb of RDimm. Now I'm confused about what to do. This is frustrating. Tylersburg works w/ 16gb dimm sticks, so why wouldn't...
  15. S

ZFSguru in Hyper-V

Thanks guys. I have a ton of ram on the way. Some 1333 and 1066 stuff. More of the 1066 (I can get higher density sticks at least). Think I'll take a noticeable performance hit? I'll have more ram w/ 1066mhz than I can use (32gb probably) instead of 16gb w/ 1333.