Recent content by SychoSly

1. SychoSly

Help with SFP+ 10GB Fiber / Synology / Netgear Switch

Thank you for the reply. I will ask the vendor if the network card is unlocked to support the cisco transceivers. Should a DAC cable work in this situation even though it states it should be fiber? The run is very short, about a meter.
  2. SychoSly

Help with SFP+ 10GB Fiber / Synology / Netgear Switch

Hello, I am looking for some assistance with connecting my synology to my 10GB port on my Switch with fiber and sfp+. I am a complete noob when it comes to fiber connectivity . Switch: Netgear Prosafe MS510TX and has 1-port SFP+ 10-Gigabit Ethernet Fiber (1G/10GBASE-X SFP+). There is a rj45...
  3. SychoSly

WTB: 8/10/12TB SATA Drives

Hello, I am looking for up to 5: 8TB, 10TB, or 12TB SATA drives. Please let me know if you have anything for sale. Located in Chicago area. Thank you
  4. SychoSly

[WTB] - Four Low Capacity NVMe M.2 Drives

I have about 10 x 250Gb Samsung 960 Evo m.2 nvme. Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out.
  5. SychoSly

[WTB][USA-IL] - 16GB DDR4-2400 2Rx8 ECC UDIMM

Hello, I purchased an X11SSM-F and it shows the boards supports up to 64GB Unbuffered ECC UDIMM DDR4 2400MHz; 4 DIMM slot. If anyone has any 16GB sticks of DDR4-2400 2Rx8 ECC UDIMM. Thank you
  6. SychoSly

US: WTB: 6TB/8TB SATA Drives preferably with some warranty left

6TB around $100? 8TB around $130? id want the prices to be better then what a new one from Amazon would cost. I’d be looking for up to 6 drives.
  7. SychoSly

US: WTB: 6TB/8TB SATA Drives preferably with some warranty left

Anyone selling any 6TB or 8TB sata drives? Preferably if they some warranty left? Thanks
  8. SychoSly

WTB: 8TB, 7TB or 6TB Sata drives

Looking for a few higher capacity 3.5" sata drives. I would be looking for up to 5 or so, depending on cost. Located in the Chicago area. Thank you
  9. SychoSly

MS510TX - 2.5gb and LAG ports only getting 100MBps

Thank you for the info. I ordered another 2.5GB ethernet adapter and see if I can hit those speeds from PC to server. Thank you
  10. SychoSly

The speed drops to ~50MBps per device transferring to one of the LAG devices.
  11. SychoSly

I am hoping someone can help me. I purchased a Netgear MS510TX switch with hopes of utilizing the 2.5gbps ports and setting up LAG ports. I configured everything and I am only getting 100-115MBps transfer speeds between all devices. My setup: Orbi Router > MS510TX > Ports 1&2 LAG LACP Windows...
  12. SychoSly

Supermicro X8SIL-F Can't Get Into BIOS

I purchased a used Supermicro X8SIL-F motherboard off of ebay along with a Xeon X3450 and Hynix 2Rx8 HMT351U7EFR8A-PB 4GB DDR3 ECC PC3l-12800e 1600MHz Server Memory Ram. Everything sits in a Supermicro 2U 826e1. I installed everything but I can not get into the Bios. It seems as the system just...
  13. SychoSly

Would like to upgrade from a 9690sa-4i

Hello all, I have a 9690sa-4I. I recently tried swapping out the backplane to a SAS2 one on my SuperMicro SC826 case and my machine wouldn't boot. Apparently the 9690sa has some compatibility issues with sas2 expanders and it is recommended to not use them. Hard Drive compatibility also stops at...