Recent content by Strohhut Snuffy

1. S

[2012R2]Storage Spaces - Am I doing it the right way?

Good evening Sir's and Ma'ams, I digged through the often mentioned PigLovers 2012R2 Storage Spaces Thread and adapted a few settings: Get-PhysicalDisk -CanPool $True | ft FriendlyName,OperationalStatus,Size,MediaType $pd = (Get-PhysicalDisk -CanPool $True | Where MediaType -NE UnSpecified)...
  2. S

Originally i orderd the ML10v2 with an G3240 but upgraded to a Xeon E3-1230v3. After the upgrade I enabled vt-d in BIOS.
  3. S

Hi, as the ML10v2 is not capable to handle hyper-v if Server 2016 is installed (better said 2016 + vt-d + hyper-v role activated - it wont boot). So i would prefer to stay at 2012R2. P.S.: At the moment i'm vhdxing (disk2vhd) my Storage Space onto a 8TB WD Red (purchased for these purposes -...
  4. S

Hello, unfortunately - due to my tight budget - yes. I've seen that articel in the past... but affording an enterprise ssd is not possible - yet. Nevertheless - the kind of information i'm looking for is more the way how i need to configure my storage space properly.
  5. S

I did it that way before and thought ssd tiering / pinning won't do its job properly. Nevertheless i got some fluctuating speeds - few minutes nearly 200-230MB/s (sometimes peaked at 400MB/s) and than for 10-30s 0MBit/s whily my hdds raged in their cage... With the present configuration the...
  6. S

Hello all, i am looking for some advice and hoping some guys can help me / hint me in the right direction. I got these parts: 4x WD Red 4TB (WD40EFRX) 4x SanDisk Plus 240GB (SDSSDA-240) Dell Perc H200 (flashed to IT-mode, FW 21) Running in a HP ML10 v2 including: Intel Xeon 1230v3 4x 8GB...